We’ve just released PhpStorm 2019.2, and today we are ready to give you a preview of the second bugfix update. Please try PhpStorm 2019.2.2 Preview build 192.6603.14 and share your feedback with us.
Improved Type Inference
We’ve made a lot of changes in the PHP type inference system, which affect the handling of $this/self/static return types. The following long-standing issues, as well as many others, are now fixed:
- WI-28728 +18 Fixed: No code completion in foreach loop if array of object is generating from static method with static array type hint
- WI-18067 +18 Fixed: Late Static Bindings errors on calls in non-static context
- WI-38803 +13 Fixed: PHP 7 self return type incorrectly analyzed in chainned method calls
- WI-29051 +12 Fixed: $this|static as return type breaks chained type hinting for variable with element access
Detailed Parameter Description
Have you ever wondered what exactly should be passed to the function or method as an argument? Previously you had to open Quick Documentation and scroll to the parameter description. Now you can press CTRL+P/CMD+P (Parameter Info) and view the description right away.
This Preview build brings with it other important bugfixes, performance and usability improvements, as well as regression fixes.
Here are some notable fixes:
- IDEA-153291 +36 Fixed: IDE opens on a last known location when external monitor is detached: outside of screen
- IDEA-200255 +15 Fixed: New ‘Go to Class’ dialog sometimes doesn’t show anything
- IDEA-215752 +14 Fixed: Nested sources folder not showing in Project view after updating to 2019.1
- IDEA-218926 +14 Fixed: Stretch left keybinding doesn’t work
- IDEA-192504 +13 Fixed: Enter Full Screen & Exit Full Screen does not execute when invoked via find action
- IDEA-109899 +12: Fixed: Automatically escape special symbols for “Find” and “Find in Path” dialogs if “Regex” (“Regular Expression”) is checked
- IDEA-202927 +12 Fixed: Exception occurs on applying “Show F1, F2, etc. keys on the Touch Bar” option
- IDEA-199472 +9 Fixed: Tool windows broken when opening project
- IDEA-179900 +8 Fixed: Docker exec tab does not correctly wrap
- WEB-33502 +7 Fixed: Prettier File Watcher: inconsistent behavior with Refactoring > Rename
- WEB-30191 +7 Fixed: CORS problem when debugging because of “x-ijt” header being sent
- WEB-40437 +7 Fixed: JS debug requires remote URL mapping in 2019.2
Check out the list of all changes in the release notes.
Download PhpStorm 2019.2.2 Preview build 192.6603.14 for your platform here:
Or just click Update in your JetBrains Toolbox App.
We appreciate your reporting any bugs and feature requests to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop