PhpStorm 2021.3 Beta
PhpStorm 2021.3 Beta is now available.
Below is a roundup of the most notable updates for the upcoming 2021.3 release. The links will take you to the EAP posts published over the last few months, which contain detailed descriptions of each feature.
PhpStorm 2021.3 Beta also delivers some updates we haven’t previously covered. Have a look!
Full support for PHP 8.1
- Readonly properties
- Pure intersection types
- New return type: `never`
- Final constants
- `new` operator in initializers
- First-class callables
Generics in PHP
- Improved support for Doctrine Collections
- Support for future Laravel 9 collections
- Infer generic types from constructor
- Support for the phpstan-* annotation for templates
- Inline function or method
- Inline variable
- Introduce (extract) variable
- New! Drag’n’drop support for the Move Class refactoring
Faster and better deployment
- Support for `rsync`
- Retry for failed uploads
- Speedup for SFTP/FTP/FTPS with multithreaded connection
- Upload all opened files
- Quickly switch default server for project
- Proxy support for SSH connections
- Support for text streams and JSON streams
- Binary responses
- Output redirection to custom file or directory
- Support for HTTP request identifiers
- New Bookmarks tool window
- Source preview for Show Usages
- Ability to split the Run tool window
- Checkout and Rebase onto Current for remote branches
- Reorganized VCS settings
- New ‘Push All up to Here’ action
Note that while Beta builds are significantly more stable than EAP builds, they can still have some issues. If you run into any, please report them to our issue tracker.
The full list of changes in this build is available in the release notes.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
PhpStorm 2024.1 Early Access Program Is Now Open
This EAP build brings support for PHPUnit 11, improvements for the Pest test framework, and more.
PhpStorm 2023.3 RC
PhpStorm 2023.3 Release Candidate bundles the Pest plugin into PhpStorm, so you'll now be able to enjoy it out of the box.
PhpStorm 2023.3 Beta 2
In this build, we’ve added new inspections for PHP assertions and revised the integration with third-party quality tools.