PyCharm 2019.2 is almost ready to be released, and we’re happy to announce that a release candidate is available for download now.
New in PyCharm
Enable of actions during indexing
- We identified certain actions that have no reason for being disabled while the indexing process is happening. This version will now let you run and debug your application, create a new project and change the interpreter while indexing is in progress.
- Fix for unresolved references error using Python 2.7 interpreter
- The error stopping Django server run configuration over SSH is now fixed
- Unnecessary stacktrace removed when stopping a remote interpreter over SSH
- Bug fixes and enhancements coming from Datagrip and Webstorm
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, you can use snap to get PyCharm RC versions, and stay up to date. You can find the installation instructions on our website.
The release candidate (RC) is not an early access program (EAP) build, and does not bundle an EAP license. If you get PyCharm Professional Edition RC, you will either need a currently active PyCharm subscription, or you will receive a 30-day free trial.