We did it! Welcome the new major release – RubyMine 4 – significantly sped up,
with a brand new UI, improved CoffeeScript and SCSS/LESS editors and more.
You might know we mainly focused on the performance for the release. We completely redesigned the architecture and actually improved responsiveness all over the IDE.
At the same time you will hopefully enjoy the many requested features we added in RubyMine 4, as well as its enhanced usability and UI.
The major release changes are the following:
- Significantly sped-up code indexing and analysis (we’ve got impressive benchmark results)
- New, streamlined UI for all supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Dozens of new Ruby code inspections, Inline method and Unwrap refactorings, new search options and improved Structure and Hierarchy views
- Rails framework support up to version 3.2 and integration with Phusion Passenger as a server for running/debugging
- Сode insight, formatting, compilation and launching via Node.js for CoffeeScript
- Formatting for SCSS/LESS languages
- Testing and debugging improvements with support for Minitest 2.10 and RSpec 2.8
- Git revisions graph and other VCS support enhancements
Note that RubyMine 4.0 is a free update for everyone who purchased their RubyMine license after Feb 15, 2011. And as usual, a 30-day trial is available if you want to try RubyMine as your new Ruby on Rails IDE.
RubyMine 4.0 took time to appear but we are very happy with the result and want to heartily thank all the early adopters for their invaluable feedback.
Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team