PhpStorm & WebStorm 3.0.2

Alexey Gopachenko

An update containing important fixes and improvements is available for all users. See build & platform changelogs for more details.

Do not hesitate to download PhpStorm & WebStorm for your platform.
Patch-updates from 3.0 & 3.0.1 are available. Downloadable plugins will be updated soon.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

16 Responses to PhpStorm & WebStorm 3.0.2

1. Bryan Green says:

February 8, 2012

Nice release. Thank you!

2. Henning Kvinnesland says:

February 8, 2012

Thanks! 🙂

3. Konr Ness says:

February 8, 2012

Where is the patch update? All I’m seeing on the downloads page is the full 100MB download.

• Andriy Bazanov says:

February 8, 2012

If it is available, then only via built-in update functionality.

• Konr Ness says:

February 8, 2012

I can’t find any built-in update functionality within PhpStorm. Documentation just refers to Help -> “Check for Updates…” which merely notifies me that an update exists and links to this blog post.

• Andriy Bazanov says:

February 8, 2012

Most likely this means that there is no patch available yet (.. or maybe it is not available for every platform?). In any case — even if I see “Update available. Apply it now” window showing up, I always do clean install (that’s the way I prefer) .. so cannot really comment more than that on current situation, sorry.

4. Marc says:

February 8, 2012

5. Moridin says:

February 9, 2012

with 3.0.2 the start time of PHPStorm is around 3 times longer than with 3.0.1 on Win7
    but autoupdate worked this time

6. Simone says:

February 9, 2012

Great news!

I hope this release will fix the overall instability of PhpStorm!

It’s a fantastic editor but, man, really unstable!!!
    I’ve at least 1 crash a day and this starts being intolerable…

please fix!!!

7. torsten edelmann says:

February 9, 2012

Autoupdate appeared, updated, showed 9 Java Errors … PHPStorm still says it’s now Version 3.0.2.

I’m very very afraid…

8. Chris says:

February 9, 2012

Win 7, 3.0 -> 3.02 patch update worked fine. Well, you get the Java errors but that seems to be just an untidy end of the update. On restart everything is fine. It’s only slower on the first restart as it rebuilds the indexes.

9. Michael Topor-Grabowski says:

February 9, 2012

On win Xp it shows me the new version and when i click on daownload and update patch it restarts phpstorm and nothing happens…

no java errors…
    how to proceed now

10. jep says:

February 12, 2012

Is this update broken as well? I ask because I start up webstorm and it pops up the dialog box saying “A new version of JetBrains WebStorm is available.” It tells me my current version is 3.0.1 and the new version is 3.0.2. The choices it provides are “More Info…”, “Remind Me Later” and “Ignore This Update”. If you click on “More Info…”, it takes me to the webpage for the 3.0.1 release, not this one.

Also, shouldn’t there be a button that says “okay then, apply the update”? If there is no patch, why is it telling me about it? Is this a matter of them needing better configurability for the update process? As it stands, it’s VERY confusing.

Or is the patch busted again like it was for 3.0.1? That one apparently finally went through for me (I started with 3.0). But it’s weird that the More Info button links to the wrong page. Also, I wonder if the fact that I was on the EAP before going to 3.0 screwed things up. FYI, I went into the settings and switched the updates from EAP to “New Major Version Releases”. Still have the same problem.

• jep says:

February 20, 2012

Still pestering me about 3.0.2, yet not giving me any ability to update. Still taking me to the 3.0.1 page on the More Info button.

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

February 21, 2012

Well, just go to jetbrains.com and download full dist for your platform.

11. Jason DePeaux says:

February 13, 2012

Clean install of 3.02 on Mac. Constantly seeing out of memory warnings. Increased “XMX” memory (whatever that means) to 1024 mb. Still getting out of memory warnings.