ReSharper 8.2.2 with JetBrains Account Support is Here

A new ReSharper maintenance release is now available for download. Please install this upgrade if you have experienced the following issues with ReSharper 8.2:

• A numeric comparison error when getting or updating nuget packages (when MSBuild is used to obtain project references).
  • SSL-Certificate error while connecting to JetBrains Account.

Speaking of JetBrains Account, this is a new way of managing your licenses for JetBrains tools. As a single interaction point with JetBrains products and services, it provides a simple and convenient way to access and manage your purchases, view your order history, distribute licenses to users, and more. You can use your JetBrains Account to have single access to the following JetBrains services:

You can still use your license key to activate and work with our tools if that way is more comfortable for you.

Additional Tools

Please note that along with ReSharper 8.2.2 you can download and install compatible builds of dotTrace, dotCover and dotMemory with similar fixes for the SSL-Certificate error.

By the way, great news for dotMemory users: we’ve added two brand new automatic inspections of common WPF memory leaks types. If you are not using dotMemory yet, today’s a good day to start. Together with multiple enhancements, the minor update v4.0.10 introduces a new evaluation model: from now on you can use the trial version for 10 actual days of use, even if they are non-consecutive. Enjoy!

This entry was posted in News and Events and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to ReSharper 8.2.2 with JetBrains Account Support is Here

1. Marcelo says:

Hi, I just installed RS8.2.2 plus updated ExternalAnnotations, and also updated MVC to 5.2.2. Now my project is a nice example on how to kill RS with more than 1000 errors :) Nothing resolves correctly, neither on my views nor in my controllers/actions.
    I know this happens when I upgrade MVC but not RS, but I have upgraded everything… Am I missing something? RS8.2.2 supports MVC 5.2.2?
    Thanks

2. Marcelo says:

Slava… As I mentioned, I already updated the extension, but still have errors. I already deleted the cache too (just to be sure).

3. Maksim says:

Yeah, I have the same issue as Marcelo. My views, partial views, sections are either not highlighted or not resolved.

4. Slava Trenogin says:

Hello all!
    We apologize for broken annotations package release.
    Newer one, 8.2.2001.1, is released and it should fix ASP.NET MVC issues.
    You’ll get notifications about update or just can go to Extensions Manager and update annotations manually.

5. Marcelo says:

Now we are talking… Everything is working fine, thanks!

6. Olaf says:

I don’t like the forced subscription insanity most companies are trying now, including JetBrains.

I do have Resharper 8 and now this Resharper 8.2.2 is nagging me every single day to upgrade the extensions. But I don’t want to upgrade any subscription at all. What I am concerned is that if I upgrade to 8.2.2 tired of that constant nagging to upgrade, that my Resharper suddenly won’t start up again because it expired.

I am in a constant deadline last few months and the last thing I want to do having to uninstall the 8.2.2 and need to reinstall the 8.0.

1. Is there a risk that if I upgrade the 8.2.2 extension that Resharper gets disabled (my subscription expired)?
    2. If there is a risk that 8.2.2 resharper will fail to operate because I did not renew the subscription, then why does it nag me to upgrade that extension?
    3. Does Jetbrains guarantee me that when I uninstall the 8.x and reinstall the 8.2.1 that was released before my subscription expired that it will install? (I might get a new PC in the near future)

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

@Olaf,

8.2.2 is a bug-fix update, meaning it doesn’t require an active subscription to be installed. Subscription means an upgrade subscription, not usage. When your subscription expires this means you will be able to use the latest version of ReSharper you installed while your subscription was valid for as long as you wish. You’ll need an active subscription only for being able to install future upgrades including major releases. That said:
      1. ReSharper won’t be disabled in case your subscription expires.
      2. Because it’s an upgrade that contains fixes for issues that were disturbing those who use 8.2 it offers you to upgrade.
      3.It should get installed, and in case the installer doesn’t work, that’a a bug. You can reach me by email (daria.dovzhikova at jetbrains.com) providing the license key you use and I’ll doublecheck it.

7. Brian Hall says:

Just curious, with the Account login option can we have more than two machines active at the same time. I occasionally find myself running Visual Studio on 3 separate “machines” (be it physical or virtual). Usually this is when I’m on my laptop remoting into a desktop and running a VM for configuration testing (or for whatever reason). I would still like to use Resharper while in those situations.

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

@Brian,

Even if you login with the JetBrains account, you can run R# only on one machine at a time, except for the cases when usernames of simultaneously running machines are the same.

• Brian Hall says:

Thanks for the response Daria. Just for the record, I would like to submit that Jetbrains should find a way to make the scenario I described above work. I understand trying to discourage misuse of the product and encourage proper licensing but I believe there is a way to do something like this without making valid users suffer through more strict (current) licensing schemes.

• MichaelD! says:

AGREED… why punish the VALID PAYING customers? You ask for our money, now see what you get? :)

I am also in the same scenario as Brian. I have 2 machines that I work on with ReSharper installed. One is personal and 1 is for work. The license should follow me from machine to machine.

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

@Brian,

Thank you for sharing this! However, how often do you use 3 instances of Visual Studio simultaneously? And you use commercial license, right? I’d appreciate a bit more details on the workflow in order to consider possible solutions to this.

8. Bill Woodruff says:

I am a registered user of ReSharper 8.1, using it currently in VS 2013.

I wonder why I don’t see an upgrade to 8.2 listed in ReSharper’s Opttons/Environment/Updates menu.

Why did I only find out about this in your newsletter ?

thanks, Bill

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

Hi Bill,

Updates notifications can be blocked by a firewall in case you have one. Also do you have “Download the list of available updates from the web” in ReSharper | Options | Updates checked?

9. Bill Woodruff says:

I’d also appreciate information being provided on the 8.2.2 download page about what to do, or not do, if you are upgrading. Remove 8.1 prior to upgrade ?

thanks, Bill

• Daria Dovzhikova says:

@Bill,

There’s a link to Installation instructions on download page. You don’t need to remove anything manually, this process is managed by the installer, it removes 8.1 in case 8.2.2 is being installed into the same Visual Studio.