IntelliJ IDEA 11.1 EAP build 116.108

Probably the last EAP build (before RC) of IntelliJ IDEA 11.1 is available for download.

New settings are added to Groovy Colors & Fonts settings to highlight local variables, parameters, reassigned local variables, reassigned parameters and method declarations in the editor.

This build includes a notable enhancement in JavaScript code completion: the variants are now ordered by “inheritance”. Also worth noting is that editing large CSS files should be significantly better now.

Check the other changes in the release notes.

Your feedback is very important at this point.

This entry was posted in EAP Releases and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 11.1 EAP build 116.108

1. Joe says:

This EAP seems unusable to me.
    It complained about broken links on startup.
    Editing a POM file shows the warning “The file has been changed outside of the editor” and there are no external changes.

2. Dmitry Polishuk says:

I just tried to modify my code and after that idea.exe process hanged up my CPU. I rolled back idea to the previous version

3. Tropper says:

Works fine here so far…

4. trespasserw says:

Joe, please file an issue in a tracker and attach your idea.log to it.

5. Joe says:

IDEA-82727 and IDEA-82729

6. buddypine says:

I still don’t see any developments on Gradle support (IDEA-76142, IDEA-53476), is there any hope that this will be properly implemented for 11.1 ?

I purchased the upgrade to 11 based on the advertised Gradle integration, but without the dependency management it’s pretty useless.

7. Nilson says:

I’m getting a The RequestFactory ValidationTool must be run error message… Reverted back to the previous build and it ran fine.

8. Denis.Zhdanov says:

Hi,

Regarding the gradle – yes, dependency management will be supported at 11.1. You can already check it at the EAP builds. More information about the subj can be found here – http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/IDEADEV/News. Web reference is on the way as well.

Denis

9. buddypine says:

That’s great news re. Gradle – thanks.

10. Will Jordan says:

Would it be at all possible to allow opt-out of the new Flex project structure when using 11.1? My project team uses a shared IntelliJ config, and from the EAP it looks like I won’t be able to upgrade to 11.1 unless the entire team makes the switch at the same time, which isn’t ideal.

11. ksafonov says:

@Will Jordan: unfortunately no, old and new configuration wont’ be able to coexist in the same project. Until all your team members use version 11.1 some of them will need to keep modules configuration files (.iml) locally-modified and refrain from committing them to version control. Old Flex SDKs and run configurations will be preserved.