IntelliJ IDEA 11.1.1

After we released IntelliJ IDEA 11.1, a critical bug was discovered in the SVNKit library, which could lead to changes being committed to the wrong branch after you switched your working copy to a different branch. We’d like to make the fix available to our users as soon as possible, and we’re doing this today by releasing the IntelliJ IDEA 11.1.1 bugfix update (build 117.117). In addition to the SVNKit fix, it also fixes a problem which caused plugins to get stuck in the “Downloaded” state without any possibility to install them, and a number of other minor issues.

If you’re already running IntelliJ IDEA 11.1, you can upgrade to the new build using the “Check for updates” action. Otherwise, please download the complete installer.

This entry was posted in Releases and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 11.1.1

1. Mischa says:

Would have been great if this one http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-80181 also made it to this patch release. IntelliJ is currently nearly useless for JSF development (at least for my combination of frameworks…)

2. BaRoN! says:

11.1.1, 117.117 — magic numbers in action!

3. yole says:

Mischa,
    IDEA-80181 is a significant internal change, and we decided not to include it in a build which had to be released with only a limited amount of testing. We’ll definitely include it in a future 11.1.x update.

4. Alex says:

Looks like the Ruby plugin isn’t compatible with 11.1.1 (it was with 11.1)
    Any idea when that will be fixed?

5. Fredrik says:

Looking forward to seeing the Android Lint integration work – checkbox feature for now, very disappointing.

6. yole says:

Fredrik,
    What doesn’t work with Android Lint for you?

7. slee says:

IntelliJ 11.1.1 is useless that it take 4-5 sec lag time everytime I try to copy and paste, and also slow to enable type something in editor.

8. yole says:

slee,
    Please capture a CPU snapshot as described in http://devnet.jetbrains.net/docs/DOC-192 and file a YouTrack issue with the snapshot attached at http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/

9. Matthias says:

It seems as if the Find in Path with Scope Project and Libraries does not show any results in the libraries anymore since 11.1.1 …

10. David Dawson says:

I’m on linux, when I click download update, it takes me to the download page where I download the entire release.
    Not the end of the world, but how come? What happened to the nice incremental patching from the last major versions?

11. Fredrik says:

@yole Generally, it seems quite unfinished. For example, in xml the “brown background” highlight extends from the causing attribute until the end of the line, instead of to the end of the attribute. Selecting actions from the lightbulb menu (sometimes? always?) does nothing.

I’ll give it a proper run thorugh and match it against what’s in YouTrack when I get the chance. I really appreciate the feature, so it’s a bit of a disappointment it doesn’t work properly…

12. Matthias says:

I found the solution for my bug with no results for searches in libraries. I forgot to download the library sources. Maybe there could be a hint for the user that he has to download the sources first…

13. yole says:

David,
    Nice incremental patching is still there, but it’s only available for upgrading from 11.1 to 11.1.1. If you’re upgrading from an older version, you need to download the complete version.

14. Matt says:

To echo what Alex said, the Ruby module doesn’t work in 11.1.1. When is the fix going to be available?

15. yole says:

The Ruby plugin is in fact compatible. If you see the plugin marked as incompatible in the settings, please press Refresh to load new data from the plugin repository and then press “Update plugin” to install the new version.

16. Lassic says:

I can’t find a way to view android logcat in debug console as before.
    It’s really uncomfortable now switching between these views and the console tab in the debug view is a bit pointless (always empty for android).

17. Vivek says:

I can’t open multiple editor windows with this build. Reopen Project keeps opening the project is same window. Downgrading till this bug is fixed.

18. yole says:

Vivek,
    Please go to Settings | General and check “Confirm window to open project in”.

19. Vivek says:

It worked now. I think default value for new project window changed from 11.0.2 to 11.1.1 which made IDEA open reuse editor window. I searched around in settings but couldn’t find the setting until you guided me to it. Using 11.1.1 now. Thanks,

20. Patrick says:

Ruby where are you ?
    Maybe refresh button is broken ? I need to be more careful when updating idea… :(

21. Patrick says:

For those having the same problem:
    Did a manual download / installation of the plugin from the registry and it works now … weird … two computers with intellij 11.1 and both did not see the update from the plugins panel