IntelliJ IDEA 12 Wins Jolt Award for Coding Tools 2013!

We are excited to announce that a few days ago IntelliJ IDEA 12 was named the winner of the Jolt Award for Coding Tools 2013, an annual award run by Dr. Dobbs to showcase the best IDEs and coding tools of the year.

The 12th release of IntelliJ IDEA shows that the pace of innovation continues unabated,,” said Andrew Binstock, the editor-in-chief of Dr. Dobbs and a judge at Jolt Awards. “For once again improving on its remarkable track record of feature development and its history of frequent upgrades, IntelliJ IDEA 12 wins this year’s Jolt Award for coding tools.

We are proud to receive this award and wish to thank the judges for the honors, and, of course, our beloved users and customers for their support and appreciation of IntelliJ IDEA which has helped ‘jolt’ the industry by making software development faster, easier, and more efficient.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in News & Events and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 Wins Jolt Award for Coding Tools 2013!

1. trukhinyuri says:

Congrats

2. Martin says:

Incredibly well deserved. I picked up a copy a few months ago, and I’ve been a convert ever since. Every single time I think “I wish I could…” I find that you guys have thought of it already, and usually there’s a keyboard shortcut. And the way you have searching set up in settings windows is just brilliant. Thanks and congratulations!

3. Grzegorz says:

Let’s be honest – you’ve earned it!

4. Afshin Mehrabani says:

That’s really a great coding tool, congrat guys.

5. mwalter says:

Great news and gratulations! I’m working hard to recommend Idea to other developers at our company. We’re using Eclipse but it lacks some common features Idea has got. Take the very great code refactoring possibilities Idea offers for example.
    Keep up the good work!

6. ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΟΣ ΜΠΕΛΗΓΙΑΝΝΗΣ says:

Congratulations. And please make it more easier to set up

7. Johnathan Mark Smith says:

This is great news. I love the product and will be showing all my clients it. I found that it can really help you become a better programmer and put out better products.

Find me one twitter..
    @JohnathanMSmith

8. cschoell says:

Absolutely deserved – congrats :)

9. javadev says:

Best java ide ever
    ps:could please improve commenting system.

10. Ioannis says:

Extremely well deserved. I was prompted by colleagues to give you a try (I used Eclipse exclusively) but I was initially dubious. When you had the Doomsday sale on, I thought I’d take the plunge. It was the best money I’ve ever spent on dev software, without the shadow of a doubt. My productivity has taken off, and once you unhinge your brain from the Eclipse way of doing things, you will *never* go back.

11. Simon-Pierre says:

Nice! Congratulations, this award is totally deserved! Once you go IntelliJ, you never go Eclipse back :)

12. John Rhodes says:

IntelliJ needs no award, its the IDE by far. ’nuff said.

13. Chris Hatton says:

Eclipse, Netbeans, Xcode – they work, but I was never *completely* satisfied… until I found IntelliJ and AppCode. JetBrains IDE’s give developers a new passion to code. Award 100% deserved!