IntelliJ IDEA 12.1.6 Update is Available

We have just released IntellIJ IDEA 12.1.6, an important update for IntelliJ IDEA 12.1. It’s especially recommended to those running 12.1.5, because it fixes critical problems with the use of Lombok plugin.

Browse Release Notes for more information.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12.1.6 Update is Available

1. Kevin says:

Failed to download patch file: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://download-ln.jetbrains.com/idea/IU-129.713-129.1359-patch-mac.jar

Link returns “403 – Forbidden”

2. Thanks for the quickfix!

3. Aidan O'Loan says:

The update isn’t working for me on Mac OS X (10.8.5). After the patch downloads and validates, a new dialog pops up, which is completely empty apart from a ‘Proceed’ button which cannot be clicked on. Repeating the process yields the same result.

4. Calin C says:

Got the 12.1.4 update.
    Soon after Intellij tells me about 12.1.6. I try to update and restart, after restart still shows the version as 12.1.4, and when checking for updates, it finds 12.1.6, offers to update and restart. Rinse and repeat many times. Still on 12.1.4.

Another weird thing happened (perhaps because of the update to 12.1.4): when starting my server from Intellij in debug mode or when connecting remotely to debug a server the process becomes slow. In fact, it basically crawls to a halt. It’s impossible to debug anything, and I didn’t make any changes whatsoever, except in the code, code that works fine outside of IntelliJ (server started from console).

Maybe this is not the best place to raise this issue, but … any ideas ?
    Thanks.

• Michael says:

I have this exact same issue. It asks me to update and restart, but when it restarts, it’s not installed. This has been going on for every 12.x update so far for me.

• John Weldon says:

I’m getting this same issue too. Everytime I click the update and restart button it downloads and restarts but has the same old version again.

5. Rani says:

I am not able to configure apache tomcat in this update. There is no option called Application Server in IDE settings.

6. this update makes javascript editing horribly slow for me :(. I can barely type even in simple *.js files (200-300 lines). Whenever I have a js file open the whole IDE becomes slow and sometimes freezes. As soon as I close the *.js file, the IDE flies again. No other problems with other files like e.g. java.

Meeh :).

7. k says:

This latest update seems to have increased memory usage in my IntelliJ. I have 9 modules in my project and they use to take only about 280M out of 494M. Now, the IDE is consistently reach 470M+ and my PC’s processor also seems to be 60%+ usage, sometimes reaching (or almost reaching) 100%. This is causing auto-imports and auto-correction to slow down A LOT. :( My PC (using Windows 7) has 330M+ free of physical memory, so it’s not page swapping. Any ideas what could be causing this? Any suggestions to improve performance? Thanks.

• k says:

Just removed 3 projects and removed the .git folders, which I no longer need (fortunately), from 5 of the remaining projects. Memory usage has gone down to approx. 250M ( from 470M+). Perhaps IntelliJ was using a lot of memory on continuously scanning the modules to ensure that the git status of files (in those modules) was up-to-date…?