[Update: Thanks to all the candidates that applied. This position is now taken, but we'll surely post new openings on this blog so keep an eye on it]
We’re looking for someone that:
- Believes in tooling and what we do at JetBrains
- Passionate about programming languages
- Likes to teach
- Likes to learn
- Likes to speak in public
- Likes to produce content
- Likes to work in a flat organization with no command and control
- Doesn’t like reporting
- Hates micromanagement
- Doesn’t mind working from home. Or from an office
- Wants the freedom to work
- And last but definitely not least, loves to write code
What we’d need is someone with the following qualities:
- A Developer, with experience on the JVM Platform and preferably with Java
- A Teacher, with experience giving presentations and/or workshops
- An Author, with experience producing content
- A Traveler, located in Europe or US*
If you’re up to it, ping me, let’s have a chat.
Join our Technical Evangelist, Developer Advocate or whatever you want to call it team. It’s not about a title, but what you do and who you are.
*No. You won’t be constantly on the road, far from it. But there are a few conferences here and there that you’d go to.
Update: Since posting this less than an hour ago, I’ve had a flood of people contacting me and it’s awesome, thank you! Please be patient. I’ll respond to each and every one of you.