IntelliJ IDEA 14 EAP 138.1029 is out with a built-in Java decompiler

If you’ve already joined IntelliJ IDEA 14 EAP, grab the freshly baked build that we published just now. If you haven’t, it’s a perfect time to do so now.

The most notable change in the new build is a built-in decompiler for Java classes. Now you don’t need any third-party plugins to take a look at what’s inside a library for which you don’t have the source code. This might not always work for Java 8 and non-Java classes, but we’re working on making it better and your feedback is always appreciated.

14_decompiler

Other interesting things to try out:

• Windows installer with bundled JRE uses Java 8
  • OS X installer with bundled JRE uses Java 7 Update 60
  • Importing Spring bean configurations when importing an STS project
  • The Open action from the Welcome screen now opens single files

Check out the complete release notes.

Stay tuned for more details and don’t forget to write back to our discussion forum and issue tracker!

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in EAP Releases, New Features and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14 EAP 138.1029 is out with a built-in Java decompiler

1. Lukasz Zielinski says:

Thanks !! No more IntelliJad maintenance :D.

2. Cool. A good decompiler might just be enough to make me upgrade from IDEA 12. :)

3. Amir says:

Is there a way to use it on IDEA 13?
    Since I am not interested to take all of the 14 EAP until it is stable.

4. Roger says:

Hey guys!

I’m wondering why does Android Studio is release first and works better with Android project but premium version of Intellij IDEA is not:( Isn’t it on the same platform??? in latest EAP 14 i can’t deploy build on my android device.

5. Roan says:

Since upgrade from previous version of IDEA 14 EAP (build 138.777), have not been able to open or import GRAILS projects. When I revert back to 138.777, same projects open successfully and include the GRAILS view. Anybody else having these issues? If so, I’ll file a bug report.

6. Chris says:

Thanks, I’m loving the decompiler, it’s much improved over JAD. I don’t suppose there’s a way to get the line numbers to match up between a stack trace and the decompiled source? That would be bliss…

7. Damian Orłowski says:

What about breakpoints? Idea is a great tool but in debug mode in decompiled classes is not working at least in my version (Idea 12). I am waiting for 14th version and I hope breakpoints will work in this decompiler.