PhpStorm 6.0.2 released

Just a few weeks after the previous update we are happy to announce PhpStorm 6.0.2 – this update accumulates numerous refinements, including bugfixes, performance improvements and some new features, including:

• Composer performance is significantly improved
  • Command Line Tools configuration per project
  • Move Statement improvements
  • TODO for Twig and Smarty templates fixes
  • New intention: initialise class properties from class constructor arguments
  • Codestyle formatting enhancements
  • TestRunner works for PHPUnit 3.4
  • File types via Linux “Shebang” – php is now supported

A full list of resolved issues is available in the issue tracker.

Apart from that a new build features latest Web (HTML / CSS / JavaScript) and platform fixes, general performance and stability improvements.

Download PhpStorm 6.0.2
Automatic update is available from 6.0.1 release build.

Please report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team

This entry was posted in Release Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to PhpStorm 6.0.2 released

1. Oleg says:

Please, fix it so you don’t need to download files.
    It would be much more better that user can click “update” and PHPStorm will automatically download and update itself, without opening browser, etc.

• Oleg says:

In addition, it is very sad, when doing minor update from 6.0.0 to 6.0.2 , it asks for:
      * uninstall old version (why??)
      * delete cache, etc
      * “where to install” ?
      etc

after installation is complete, I will have to recreate all my pinned buttons on windows taskbar

Please, streamline process..

• Mikhail Vink says:

We are really sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, normal patch update for 6.0.0 -> 6.0.1 couldn’t be completed and you had to download a full copy of 6.0.1. However, we’ve worked on streamlining the process and there are patches available for 6.0.1 -> 6.0.2 update and they work fine. The next minor update patches will be in place as well.

• Nicole Cordes says:

Why isn’t that possible from the EAP versions as well?

• Mikhail Vink says:

EAP and Stable versions are quite different when it comes to patch updates, so patches are provided for EAP->EAP and Stable->Stable versions separately.

• Owen Winkler says:

While we’re talking about the “uninstall during the installer”, I have two peeves: 1) The uninstaller always leaves two files in the installation directory (idea.properties and PhpStorm.exe.vmoptions), which makes it impossible to install directly to the same directory after an uninstall without manually deleting things. 2) PhpStorm always wants to install in a new version directory. I only ever want to install into a major version number directory. Why doesn’t the installer simply install into the directory it just uninstalled from? Strange.

2. stenmen says:

Codestyle formatting enhancements …..

useless!

Fix this!

3. JonoCoetzee says:

I’m getting an Access Denied errors while trying to update.

4. Peter Lauge says:

I can not debug any project any more, after this update :-(

5. Chris says:

Is there sass syntax highlighting yet?
    Please I really need SASS highlighting, handlebars, Laravel and Blade Template engine support.
    When coding in Laravel I don’t get any auto complete :(
    (note: objects are auto loaded on the fly)
    Thanks :)

• Masnun says:

For Laravel auto completion, this one works fine for me – https://github.com/barryvdh/laravel-ide-helper

Just clone the repo on your project root. Exclude “vendor” from project directories. Should work fine.

• Masnun says:

@Mansun thanks have ide helpers running now, much better auto-complete.

Templating – Views – Blade
        This is still a big issue. Code in tags {{ }} does nothing.
        1. PHP parsing, error check would be nice!
        2. Auto complete would be great!

• Mikhail Vink says:

Yes, there is a SASS highlighting and even file watchers in PhpStorm 6. As for Blade template engine please vote for this issue to be implemented in the issue tracker at http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-14172

• Bruno says:

A file watcher for Compass would also be really great! Now i need to use CodeKit for my SASS -> CSS because I use Compass… Is this going to be implemented in one of the next releases?

• Chris says:

@Bruno

Use command line: compass watch
          so easy.

Also see: LiveReload (freeee :)

With both of those, can update your SASS file and web page will auto reload.
          PS: Probably a way to configure livereload to update page on any changes throughout entire project, not sure.

6. 唐肇凯 says:

when I search in file(ctrl+f) with chinese, the character strings are messy code

7. Simon says:

should this version number be 6.0.3? i have 6.0.2 already ;)

• Mikhail Vink says:

Well, it should be 6.0.2 – we don’t have 6.0.3.. Probably you have 6.0.2 EAP? However, patch update was available for 6.0.1 -> 6.0.2 so you could update just in one click..

8. Jayde Moors says:

Any chance of another upcoming promotion for PHPStorm? I missed the one in April by a day and have been checking frequently for another special. :)

• Mikhail Vink says:

There are currently no ongoing promotions. Stay tuned – if any we’ll announce in the blog and social media.

9. cappie says:

Great update for one of the most awesome editors.. thanks for the update!

And don’t let yourself be put down by all these ungrateful bastards here.. people that don’t have anything to complain usually are so hard-working that they don’t have the time to reply :)

• Nick G. says:

Another very satisfied customer here. I don’t usually check the blog at all because I don’t need to, everything works perfectly fine and I don’t give it a second thought. To me, that’s a clear indicator of a great tool!

10. leo says:

No response after i clicked “download” from default server.

Restart does not help.

Please let me know how to fix.

Leo

11. Barry Margolin says:

When I tried the automatic update, I got a screen listing lots of plugin files that couldn’t be installed because of “Access Denied”. I cancelled and downloaded the full installer.

• Barry Margolin says:

The problem seems to be that when you install the application from the full installer, by just copying from the disk image, it copies the ownership and permissions. All the files are owned and writable only by user ID 505, which doesn’t even exist on my computer. The directories are owned and writable only by root. But the updater never asks for my password, so I don’t think it can run with root permissions.

• Tomas says:

The same happened to me. I just chown’d the complete phpstorm folder to my current user and the upgrade work correctly.

12. Paolo says:

I agree. PHPStorm is one of the best IDEs out there for PHP if not the best.

13. Bernardo says:

It seems the LESS file watcher is not working. Before the update, my .less files would compile to .css, now they won’t!

Besides that, it seems like the file watcher finaly remembers it’s settings. To bad a new (even worse) bug occurs now.

14. Pascal Mathis says:

Please finally fix that issue: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-17671#tab=Comments

I’m working a lot with my singleton-traits which are really useful (example: http://pastebin.com/PUPhc10T), but unfortunately it’s a pain in the ass to code when all the methods of my singleton objects aren’t resolved properly.