While we are busy working on PhpStorm 7.0.1 update other JetBrains teams made a lot of progress too! A significantly improved version of IntelliJ platform with new Web and Database tools is almost ready. We don’t want to hold all the great new stuff (and fixes!) from our users and thus opening of the Early Access Program for PhpStorm 7.1. Release will be our present to all of you for the upcoming holidays. In the meantime, we continue to improve your experience. PhpStorm 7.1 EAP 133.51 is available for download.
This update includes all the bug fixes (earlier featured as PhpStorm 7.0.1 EAP) and from the PHP side we are also bringing:
- A way to document mixins: now PhpStorm interprets @mixin regardless of PHP version just the same way it interprets “use trait” (see WI-1730 for details)
- ‘Exception breakpoints’ are supported (see WI-7966 for details)
- PHP 5.5 standard libs updated, all the PHP 5.5 new classes/interfaces/functions added
- Deployment changes: deployment mappings and excluded paths are saved in .idea/deployment.xml. They are mapped to servers by names, so that config is suitable to put under VCS (see WI-715 for more information)
- and many bug fixes and improvements.
From the web side:
- Mocha framework integration
- Improved support for Dart language
- LESS 1.5.0 is supported
- learn more about web subsystem updates at the WebStorm’s blog
Also this is the first PhpStorm EAP from 133 branch and it means that PhpStorm 7.1 is now totally in sync with IntelliJ IDEA 13 Beta (and EAPs, and eventually final release), including all the long-awaited bug fixes. New platform also includes a bunch of features available from this PhpStorm EAP, such as:
- The new PhpStorm interface is even more minimalistic and functional with the toolbar and tool window buttons hidden by default. You can always invoke View | Toolbar and View | Tool Buttons (or just icon on the left-bottom) if you would like to get it back.
- Lens Mode
Hover the mouse over a warning, error strip or just some section on the scroll bar with the mouse, and PhpStorm shows you the source code fragment annotated with the warning/error message.
- Search Everywhere
We are sure you are taking advantage of Navigate to Class/File/Symbol, Find Action and other advanced navigation features, but why not to use a brand new powerful Search Everywhere to find a class, file, action or even an IDE setting always using the same action?
Just try it with the icon on the top-right or invoke it with Double-Shift.
- Speed Search
The new Speed Search makes it easier for you to navigate over the items thanks to highlighting matches.
- Navigate to folder
You can navigate to a folder just as quickly as to a file, by using Navigate to File action.
- Better performance with faster Find Usages and Navigate to Actions, and more responsive editor during indexing. Frequently used symbols now appear in the results of Find Usages faster than before.
- Improved Find in Path action with ability to search over comments and String literals (you can search over the project using specific scopes).
- New fast and powerful log viewer for Git and Mercurial.
- Support for Subversion 1.8 (via the native client).
- Even more Database tools and SQL support improvements.
- Retina support in JDK 7 (more information).
- and much more…
Patch-update from the IDE is not available this time, please get a full copy of PhpStorm 7.1 EAP.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team