PhpStorm & WebStorm 3.0 EAP #108.1421

We are back to the our weekly EAP schedule. Sometimes hard to keep, but good for rapid feedback. Today’s build brings important stability and performance fixes and a new feature

Duplicate Code Detection is added for all major supported languages. Go to Code|Locate Duplicates to start your quest against copy/paste coding. After choosing the scope and staring at the settings (just hit OK now, you’ll play with them later) you’ll be presented with list of suspicious fragments, ordered by code complexity, i.e

Obviously the results are candidates for refactoring – and with the help of  Refactor|Extract Method its easy to keep your code DRY.

Other notable changes:

• Performance & stability improved, including fix for highly annoying freezes on various operations invoking formatter, error markers stuck at PHP catch clauses and many more
  • Xdebug Profiler now works with all snapshots – we’ll do a separate post with a usage intro soon
  • CoffeScript got Find Usages
  • Settings on case-sensitive file systems (read: Linux) are back – default folder name is again always “.WebIde10″

More details available in build changelog

Download PhpStorm & WebStorm for your platform from project EAP page.
Sorry, but no patch-update available for this build.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Early Access Preview, PhpStorm, WebStorm and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to PhpStorm & WebStorm 3.0 EAP #108.1421

1. Vladislav says:

Thanks! Waiting for Symfony 1/2 support :)

2. zergussino says:

Thanks for DRY helper :) Great work! Keep it up that way!

3. ragtek says:

nice to see c&p detection implemented, so we don’t need to start cpd ( https://github.com/sebastianbergmann/phpcpd ) anymore:)

4. Stefan says:

Hello,

I the new build I can set the cursor anywhere inside the document using a mouse click, even way behind the end of a line…
    Can I disable this somewhere?

Thanks,
    Stefan

5. Bryan Green says:

This is an excellent build. I highly suggest others try it.

I like that the tools menu is expanding with additional options. I like the multi-window & multi-monitor support. I’ve got 3×30″ and 2×24″ and it looks like a lot of bugs here have been fixed (with floating tool windows.)

More refactoring features are a must. I like the progress here. I’ll continue to play with the code duplication feature. Great!!

I’d like to see *more* support still for SCSS.

Keep up the great work.
    -Bryan

P.S.From the looks of it, I’ve gotta try coffeescript.

6. Aleksey says:

Well, I switched to EAP 3 with production projects and I develope with more pleasure than 2.1.15, sure :) Was some troubles with first build which fixed now, thanks.

7. Dan Berlyoung says:

Any hope for CakePHP support anytime soon?

8. Emmanuel says:

Support for the major PHP frameworks would be nice…. I think version 3 of PHPStorm should really start implementing this feature…

9. Vincenzo says:

Anyone else got problems with indexing? Same codebase as before, 3.0 is getting stuck on indexing and running out of memory. Never happened before, especially because I have a fast SSD and 8GB of memory that usually make this operation quite snappy.

10. Joseph says:

This version is MUCH faster on Ubuntu x64, and the ‘Locate Duplicates’ feature is awesome. Thanks guys.

11. Piers Warmers says:

One vote for some better Symfony 1 and 2 support.

: )

Well done on the version 3 release. Downloading now to take a look.

Comments are closed.