PhpStorm & WebStorm 5.0 EAP 121.62

New week, new build, new features:

• MVC view is introduced – should work for Symfony2 & Yii in this build, but will be eventually available for any framework and will integrate with command line tools/generators
  • PHP editor support for callback references within literals – with usage search an rename support. We also plan to look into more complex cases and various “hook-based” architectures later
  • SQL/Database got many new big and small features, including live database schema refactoring, stored procedures editing, schema migration scripts generation, advanced completion, navigation and query result browsing and many more…
  • JsTestDriver now allows tests debugging
  • and of course bugfixes

More details on new features are coming in separate posts. More goodies in next build!

Please report all problems to our issue tracker. Bear in mind that all you see is “Work in Progress” and may undergo serious changes.

Download PhpStorm & WebStorm for your platform from project EAP page. Patch-update is also available. IDEA 12 plugins will be available within a day.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Early Access Preview, PhpStorm, WebStorm. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to PhpStorm & WebStorm 5.0 EAP 121.62

1. Alexander says:

Was unable to use framework integration (Yii).
    It first asked for a root directory containing protected, src, assets & themes subfolders (despite of the fact that last 3 is optional). After creating this subdirs it showed framework structure tab with application data folder (all other folders are blank).
    Bug?

• leneshka says:

In new EAP you can ignore optional settings. Project-level data is currently shown in Application Data, and module-level data is shown in other folders, and looks like it’s a very bad idea. This issue is about fixing it.

2. KingCrunch says:

You should place issues into the issue tracker http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WI .

3. balmac says:

On Ubuntu I get:
    Unrecognized VM option ‘+UseCodeCacheFlushing’
    Could not create the Java virtual machine.

when starting phpstorm.
    Is my java too old or something?

java version “1.6.0_20″
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode)

4. Eirik Hoem says:

Excellent! Looking forward to giving the Yii support a spin! Keep up the good work!

5. Sam says:

Great to hear that you’ve started Yii MVC support.

My thoughts on it: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-12623

If you need any info about Yii naming conventions and common practices or want to discuss MVC support feature in general, feel free to contact me via email.

6. SecondFrog says:

Why did you delete my comments about autocomplete ? %)

7. Andrey says:

Will you support Kohana 3 framework???

8. Rafi B says:

So awesome!

Would love to see flexibility in the MVC support, we are heavy users of the Kohana framework which supports H(ierarchical)MVC. Would be quite fascinating to see how you guys provide a solution for that ;) Maybe custom configurable schemas?

9. jp says:

Hi,

I miss SSH tunnel for database connections.

10. cordoval says:

I cannot see the feature MVC view, can you explain how to enable it?

11. Andrew Ellis says:

Hey guys,

I just installed this EAP and setup the Yii integration for my project for work. However, the MVC view does not show any controllers, models, or views in the root tree. However, it seems to be parsing all of those within the “Application Data” tree.

Here is a screen shot of what I’m seeing: http://d.pr/i/4zWW

Any idea what might be going on?

Regards,
    Andrew

• leneshka says:

Application data contains elements of base app, and other elements belong to module. Please create an issue if your module elements are not shown.

12. Deryk Wenaus says:

really looking forward “hook-based” callback references within literals – obviously any work done in WordPress would benefit greatly.

13. Francesco says:

Are you planning to integrate the LiveEdit plugin into the standard distribution package of PHPStorm and WebStorm, or is it going to be a separate plugin you have to download separately ?

14. Cubeweb says:

This is a generic comment. I just wanted to say that PhpStorm is excellent and has so many features, but seriously you need to do something with font rendering. I am on windows and fonts are a pain in my eyes, I know the problem exists in Linux too.

Know I cannot blame you for that because I know both Windows and Java have a problem with fonts anyway but it is a big problem for many people and one of the reasons that I had to stop using PhpStorm. I really want to use it but I really need my eyes to.

15. Anonymous says:

Because of my own recent experiences I now believe too many developers have been lured into thinking that IDEs are just too heavy, and have bought into the more trendy ‘code editor-only’ mold of development. I admit to you having been one of them.

I also used to be of the mindset that commercial products in general for the large part were unnecessary and that FOS software alternatives had ultimately eliminated the need for quality commercial software.

I am writing you here today to say that I was wrong on both counts, very wrong, and to tell you that I now swear by Webstorm after having recently experienced its silky smooth, power packed features first hand on a rather large single page web application running on Node.js and using MongoDb in the back-end.

Congratulations to JetBrains for producing such a remarkable product, one that has radically changed my opinion, greatly improved my productivity and ultimately the quality of the software that I produce.

• I gotta agree with you about the (what I think is fault) “less is more” mindset, at least in this case. PhpStorm ROCKS, I call it my secret weapon when compared to other WordPress plugin developers. :)

16. Looking forward to callback references support, and especially the “hook-based” architecture support!

17. Grumbles says:

Looking forward to seeing support for other PHP frameworks. I’m working on a large Laravel project now.

18. Grumbles says:

Looking forward to support for other PHP frameworks. I’m currently working on a large project using Laravel.

19. Dennis Jamin says:

Apparently PHPStorm only shows controllers and models which are created in the modules structure within Yii.. What about the /controllers and /models folders directly in the protected directory root? Will there be support for that folder structure?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50377664/screenshots/68a09f3f85278fd630988bd196ca2b24.png (controllers and models within modules are shown as expected)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50377664/screenshots/97f39ed5b412f87fb0a51f16f54969f2.png (controllers and models directly within the ‘protected’ root – not stored within ‘modules’ – are left alone, unexpected)

20. Yoshi Sakai says:

Hi All,

Can we create a CakePHP, FuelPHP and other MVC flame work?
    If we can do that, I want to make my own MVC flame work. :-)

Yoshi

21. Paris says:

I enabled MVC framework but didn’t work. I use Yii and I have renamed my protected folder to application. Any luck this is going to be “fixed” soon?

Comments are closed.