WebStorm 7.0.1 is available for update

Today we are making WebStorm 7.0.1 available.
It’s a minor update for WebStorm 7.0 that we released almost a month ago. It brings dozens of fixes and improvements based on your feedback on our issue tracker. Here is a full list of issues that were addressed in this update.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t come as a patch for WebStorm 7.0: you need to download the installation file on WebStorm web site and make a fresh install. All your settings will be saved.

One of nice improvements available in WebStorm 7.0.1 is the Emmet preview in HTML.

To enable it go to Settings → Emmet and enable Enable abbreviation preview.

Develop with pleasure!
WebStorm Team

About Ekaterina Prigara

Ekaterina Prigara is WebStorm product marketing manager at JetBrains. She's passionate about new technologies, UX and coffee.
This entry was posted in Release Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to WebStorm 7.0.1 is available for update

1. Jason says:

“Unfortunately, it doesn’t come as a patch”

Why not? Could more work have been done to make that happen? This is one of the most annoying aspects of WS to me. I just don’t understand the technical hurdles on this kind of thing. Especially for a .0.1 release.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Sorry. Usually minor updates don’t require fresh install, but we had some issues with 7.0 that made it impossible to provide a patch what 7.0.1 was available.

2. Emmanuel says:

Just watched the Tips & Tricks video, was excited to try out the Emmet shortcuts, but it doesn’t seem to be enabled for me (Webstorm 7.0.1). So I went to Settings->Emmet looking for the enable checkbox but there isn’t one on my dialog box. In fact the dialog box looks like it’s getting cut off at the top and bottom, even tho it fills me entire screen. Maybe the dialog was designed for higher res than my 1366×768 laptop? Not great UX…

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Emmet should be enabled by default. In Emmet settings you should have the following boxes checked: Enable XMP Emmet and Enable CSS Emmet. Make sure that you also have in Settings|Live Templates Zen HTML and CSS checkboxes checked.
      I’ll make a request to improve the UI for this setting.

• Emmanuel says:

Found out my problem, in case others have the same issue: I was typing into an .html file but the actual html was enclosed in tags since it’s a template that is processed by my backbone/underscore code. Apparently Webstorm considers this to be an invalid place to expand the html (which makes sense I guess).

• Emmanuel says:

My reply above got munged. Let me try again:

the actual html was enclosed in script … /script tags

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

To work Emmet HTML abbreviations require the right context. Please specify the type for your script, for example, “text/template”.

3. Jorge Daniel Whilchy says:

There’s an annoying issue with the resources on debug mode “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)”, I’ve already seen that the issue was solved on the bug tracker, so I wonder when will be 7.0.2 available?

Thanks!

4. Alonisser says:

Help, I’m getting all over with “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) ” this fails the debug (stuck at this) how can I solve this?

5. max says:

Same issue with “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found). Version 13.1.4 (Mac)

Same version on PC works fine.

6. Steve Datnow says:

Just installed pycharm 3.4.1 (on Windows 7) and created a test.html file (which includes a test.js script). When I run the debug configuration (in Chrome) – I get the following error in Chrome console.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://localhost:84/test.js.map

In the PyCharm Debugger Variables section it reports ‘Disconnected (browser disconnected)’