IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP Build 122.519 is Available

Today we have released IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 122.519 with next portion of new features and bug fixes.

The major changes in the release include:

• New set of icons
  • Font SourceCodePro is bundled now
  • TomEE application server support
  • Mantis task tracker support
  • Groovy and Haxe support enhancements
  • Usability and performance tuning

Find full list of changes in Release Notes.

Please feel free to share your feedback and report bugs in our issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Andrey Cheptsov is IntelliJ IDEA product marketing manager at JetBrains. He's passionate about productivity, programming languages and tools.
This entry was posted in EAP Releases and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP Build 122.519 is Available

1. dancioca says:

Any chance we can revert to the old icons? I am very unhappy with the new ones. Just a matter of taste, I know… and taste is not matter of discussion, but still, we got used to the smooth and welcome LAF changes so far, and now this…

IJ didn’t need a face lift in my opinion. It was already close to perfection. I really do not understand the motivation behind this change.

maybe we should vote on this… :)

2. dhampik says:

Does it have Ruby on Rails support? It seems like not and I can’t find appropriate plugin for it.
    I’ve switched to IDEA 12 eap from IDEA 11.1 to find Yii framework support,
    but can’t find it either.
    Too sad, will have to switch back to 11.1 and wait for Ruby on Rails and Yii support in ver. 12.

Is there any roadmap for above features, btw?

3. John Lindquist says:

The icons are a work in progress (this is an EAP…). So hang in there while we finish and polish them up.

4. John Dewar says:

I think they look nice. I immediately noticed some problems though: the folder icons are extremely difficult to see in the breadcrumbs bar because their color is too close to the gray background. Secondly, all new icons, and they aren’t retina? Or are they and you just haven’t implemented that yet? Glad you didn’t go all monochromatic on us. I also strongly dislike the “cut” icon (scissors). But fortunately I suppose I don’t need that button ever so I can hide it. The other thing that strikes me as odd: why is save still a floppy disk? I haven’t used a floppy since the previous century.

5. Bot01 says:

The new icons are horrible. Why to change a perfection?

>> I really do not understand the motivation behind this change

6. David says:

Some of the new icons are good.The folder and package icons are disappointing.

7. Daene Duskers says:

>> The new icons are horrible.
    Icon for JS file looks like text file. Folder icons invisible, etc.

Please add ability to change the icon packs. Just like the UI IDEA theme.

8. xvonabur says:

Almost transparent icons on the gray background. It’s a pain for my eyes. Please, get old icons back!

9. Gilberto says:

Nice work…the new icons are pleasant to my eyes. I don’t choose an IDE for its appearance, but after seeing the poor job Eclipse did in 4.2, I have to disagree with myself :) (not that I’m using IntelliJ because it looks good, it was already a great IDE even before you guys started to improve the UI).

10. Dmitry Kulikov says:

new icons is awesome! great thanks

11. Taras Tielkes says:

Maven test-jar dependencies are broken in this build, making IDEA unusable for us.
    Please take a look at the comments on http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-89039

12. Virus says:

The new icons are atrocious. I know it’s a matter of taste, but will you _please_ make the icon set selectable in the Appearance tab in Settings?

13. Bastien says:

What’s also disturbing is that not all icons have changed, the “up arrow” icon for example is still old-style, but the “down arrow” is new…

14. Alexey says:

Just updated to this newest build. Now IDEA won’t open any previous *.iml or maven projects, nor it is able to create new ones…

15. Alexey Danilov says:

…Deleting patched idea folder and manually downloading/extracting a whole new build file fixed it. Seems to me that the problem was in the patch.

P.S. New icons are quite nice

16. ome says:

GWT plugin is completely broken for me with this update

17. Christo says:

+1 for the new icons.

I’m experiencing some stability issues, since I’ve updated. Hard to pinpoint the cause, but the IntelliJ process is chewing up all my memory.

Will try a clean install to see if the problem persists.

18. lajtor says:

+1 on the ‘new icons are awful’ subject.

An option to switch iconsets would be the best solution if you guys are dead set on changing the icons…

19. jordandev says:

Hopefully it’s just because they are completely unpolished as this is an EAP but the new icons look rather terrible.

20. Bill says:

Anyone else seeing a blank preferences page when you go to Javascript–CodeQualityTools? Didn’t JSLint and JSHint options used to be there?

21. Jamal Abdou-Karim Bengeloun says:

If you are going to stick with the new icons, you’ll have to provide a black/dark theme as VS2012 does… On a white background the old icons were way better.

22. Jamal Abdou-Karim Bengeloun says:

The theme Darcula in Preferences > Appearance > Theme does not cut it, it too bright and seems unfinished compared to the Default theme.

23. There is a way to go back to old icons. This is idea 11 icons plugin http://bulenkov.com/?p=177

24. Daniel Alexiuc says:

I like the direction the new icons are taking. Looks more modern and aesthetically appealing.

25. MuppetGate says:

They seem to be a bit of a mixed bag at the moment, but I like the direction the new icons are headed.

26. Johan Rylander says:

Only me getting an error in the svn dialog about missing icon?

27. AG says:

Wow the icons are really ugly, now Idea looks like a lazily ported cross-platform app on OS X. And that after you’ve put so much work into making it look good on every platform. Disappointing…

28. Phil Plante says:

Anyone else having formatting issues with inline class blocks like an OnClickListener in Android? After upgrading I get some rather nasty extra lines inserted into my code blocks, see this gist: https://gist.github.com/3ecbfcf154f566c95af9

I haven’t changed any of the code style formatting options between upgrades.

29. michi says:

I already reported in a previous EAP I didn’t like the new icon set and I remain on that position. It’s way too hard on the eye on the contrast side (grey on light-grey/white) for my taste.

30. Erik Pragt says:

Some of the new icons I needed to get used to, but the package/folder icons are unclear at best. It would really be nice to get the old icons back, or have them selectable. I you look at some of the icons, it’s pretty unclear what they mean. A down arrow with binary numbers? I would say this icon means ‘download’. Not ‘make project’. And to see the difference between a package, a module, is quite hard to see.

The icon for interfaces and classes are pretty clear though, even though they still look to have been created using mspaint.

31. jordandev says:

The JSLint / JSHint configuration is appearing as blank now.

32. Guillaume Darmont says:

As others have already said, please make the icon set selectable. New icons are really ugly. Previous UI changes were really great, but this one should definitely be a user choice.

33. meo says:

I really like new icon for Rerun, but all other icons are inferior. The most annoying icon is for Debug.

34. Erik Pragt says:

There’s a new annoying icon: the close icon for panels. It’s grey. And it’s not disabled. But how can you tell when it’s grey??

35. Sergiu Neamt says:

I uploaded the plugin back from Konstantin Bulenkov until the release is ready.

36. Victor says:

Please, get back old icons! They looks wery ugly to my taste. Or give an opportunity to select, please…

37. Oleg says:

I wish me old icons too! Please give us old icons, new icons are not really modern in my opinion (looks plain).

38. Michael says:

Please pay a designer to create icons. Current icons look like some developer made ‘em in the lunch break with ms paint. Please don’t repeat Microsofts bad design choice. All black’n white… am i back in the 80s?

39. Michael says:

Please change those icons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are horrible.

40. Xidir says:

Yes, the new icons are horrible. Please allow to change the previous ones.

41. Dmitri says:

Hi,
    I would like to change breakpoint menu, when you right-click on existing breakpoint and where is first menu item “Edit”, please make “Disable” first, as was before, put “Edit” after “Remove” menu as third

42. Matej says:

Hi
    Please add the possibility to revert/choose the icons. I find the new icons really disturbing and although I bought your license I am feeling uncomfortable to use it.