RubyMine welcomes all NetBeans users. Reduced price for everyone!

The NetBeans team has just announced that they have discontinued Ruby on Rails support in NetBeans.

We realize this news can be sad for some of you. But take it as an opportunity to try a new tool! The kind of tool that evolves fast, stays on the cutting edge and has a passionate community around it.

Naturally, we welcome you to try RubyMine as your new Ruby on Rails IDE! And we are not the only ones to do so.

To make this even easier for you, we are announcing a special offer. From now until February 15th, 2011 RubyMine personal license is available with more than 50% discount! Check out the bargain price!

RubyMine 3.0 is the latest stable version released in Q4 2010, offers the best available Rails 3.0 support (30-day free trial is included).

RubyMine 3.1 is coming really soon and the Early Access is already open, if you want to try a hot latest version.

And if Ruby is not the only technology you work with, we recommend you try IntelliJ IDEA as your ultimate polyglot IDE for Ruby, Python, PHP, JavaScript, Groovy and many more.

Hurry up! The offer is time limited. And we may run out of license keys. :)

Develop with pleasure!
RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to RubyMine welcomes all NetBeans users. Reduced price for everyone!

1. Travis says:

Purchasing 3.0 now, does it come with free upgrade to 3.1 when it comes out?

2. yole says:

Travis,
    Yes. If you purchase a RubyMine license, you get upgrades to all versions released within a year of the purchase date.

3. Outstanding timing! Just when my RubyMine trial is about to end.

Thanks guys!

4. Dan says:

Wow that’s crazy about Netbeans. I found Netbeans more stable & usable than Eclipse/Aptana and had used them both… But I found RubyMine better still!

5. Arun says:

It’s Great. I am using RubyMine from last 6 months and works very fine for me. Before that i was using netbeans. I found that RubyMine works great.

6. James says:

RubyMine is superb! I’ve been using it for all my ruby and rails development and It is a real joy to use. IntelliJ is also just the absolute best Java IDE in the world. This looks like a great offer – I paid much more for my copy – still well worth it though

7. fjyaniez says:

I bought it just before the promotion started :(

8. Jits says:

Excellent offer!

Just a shame that the UK, yet again, gets screwed over (even if it’s only a few quid)…

Sale prices:
    UK: £23
    USA: $29 (=£18.28)

Still, great prices for an excellent IDE :)

Now if only there were better anti-aliased fonts in the editor, in Linux…

9. John Feras says:

My forehead hurts from the constant slapping.. why didn’t I switch sooner?

10. Oleg Shpynov says:

@John Feras
    Develop with pleasure! :)

11. David M says:

So, my current personal license ends in a week, the special offer ends in two weeks, the upgrade price for my license is almost twice as much as the current promotion price. Can I upgrade at the promotional price?

12. @David: I think you should be able to simply buy a new one via our shop at the moment. Please try. If it does not work, please contact me at eugene.toporov(a)jetbrains.com

13. Szymon Jeż says:

Is it possible to buy now a license. Use the 30 day trial and when it finishes enter the license key and have 12 months upgades form then? Or does this not work that way?

14. Oleg Shpynov says:

Yes, it is possible, once you obtain a license you get all the updates within 1 year for free.

15. Wolfgang says:

NOOOO! I thought the discount would last until the end of the month :-(
    Hope their will be something like this again.