RubyMine 5.0.1 is Out

Hello everyone,

The last week was full of your comments and feedback. Thanks to them we found some major issues we had to fix as soon as possible with the IRB console debugging issue among others. So, we’ve made RubyMine 5.0.1 release available for you. See the full list of fixes and use “Check for Updates…” to download and install the update as a patch to your existing installation or download RubyMine 5.0.1 from our website.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to RubyMine 5.0.1 is Out

1. Nicolas says:

When can we expect the remote SDK feature on IDEA?, i really need this =D!

2. Jonathan O'Connor says:

Tatiana,
    when I try to create an IRB Console run configuration, I get told that Spork server script isn’t specified. Do I need spork for an IRB Console? If yes, how do I set this? I’m running 5.0.1

• Oleg Sukhodolsky says:

My bad – nasty copy-past mistake :(
      I’ve filed ticket about it (http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-13138) it will be fixed in next version.
      Btw if you just need to run IRB console it is supposed to use Tools|Run Irb Console… menu for this (just easier then create config manually).

• Jonathan O'Connor says:

Oleg, we’ve all made those copy-paste errors. I normally use the command line anyway for IRB and Rails Console. Will Rails Console also work in a run window?

• Oleg Sukhodolsky says:

Hi Jonathan,

thank you for your support.
          And yes, it is possible to run rails console from RM (Tools|Run Rails Console…)

3. Dmitry says:

In terms of MacGem and MacRake? So that I will not need a terminal window opened for every time I want to run my app…

4. ruby.freeman says:

when I quickly scroll the text in the editor, after getting the end it jumps to the next opened tab. Is this a bug or feature? If last, how can I disable this?