PhpStorm & WebStorm 2.1.4 performance update.

PhpStorm 2.1.4 & WebStorm 2.1.4 performance update. It contains important performance fixes and is strongly recommended update for all users.

Download WebStorm 2.1.4PhpStorm 2.1.4 Automatic patches from 2.1.3 will be available later.

We’d also like to encourage all users to send anonymous feature usage statistics that was recently introduced to our IDE. This helps us to focus on most important stuff. Enable at Settings|Usage Statistics

Develop with Pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in PhpStorm, Release Announcements, WebStorm and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to PhpStorm & WebStorm 2.1.4 performance update.

1. It would be nice if PhpStorm support mouse wheel for scrolling tab like firefox because I often get problem while open too many files. :)

2. Pingback: Linkpool Nummer 21 | PHP Gangsta - Der PHP Blog mit Praxisbezug

3. William says:

“performance update” wtf did you guys do? re-write the whole program?? its responsive now.. like no more waiting for menus n stuff. and completion is BANG done. thanks guys :D

4. Kote says:

I can’t drag’n'drop files to PhpStorm any more!

When I drag an xml file from my desktop (windows 7) to PhpStorm 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 it doesn’t open and the mouse cursor takes a form of crossed circle.

In version 2.1.1 I’m able to open exactly the same file doing the same actions. Should I switch something in the setting or it is a bug?

5. Simon says:

I totally agree with William… Thank you very much!

6. Simon Schick says:

This ide is awesom! And it’s getting even faster … can’t beleve it!
    Thank you all! Never thought that a java-application can run that fast.

7. creatoro says:

What about automatically updating from 2.1.2? Haven’t reveived auto update to 2.1.3…

8. Hermann says:

I’m also interested in an auto update from 2.1.2 to 2.1.4 (and my colleagues are as well).
    Can we expect this in the next few weeks or would you rather suggest to use the download packages.

9. Thomas Wacker says:

You will get an enormous performance push, if you use Java 7 (JDK 1.7) with PhpStorm. With release 2.1.4 and Java 7 nearly all performance bottlenecks are gone! :-)

10. zloymalefic says:

I have a question about performance of this IDE. I have two computers: one computer works on linux(ubuntu) and another one works on Windows 7, Windows version works much slower then linux one, please help me with this problem, or clarify, what i can do to make phpstorm works faster on windows 7

11. UnderXP says:

Force PhpStorm use JRE 1.7 in Windows 7 (without install JDK):
    1) Dwnload JRE 7 (20 Mb) from oracle site http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-se-jre-7-download-432155.html
    2) Download Junction Magic from http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm
    3) Install Junction Magic (it’s free), install JRE 7.
    4) Close PhpStorm (if it’s open).
    5) Rename folder C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PhpStorm\jre\jre to C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PhpStorm\jre\jre_old
    6) Create folder C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PhpStorm\jre\jre (yes, again !!!)
    7) Open Junction Magic, click “create…”, in “host folder” select C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PhpStorm\jre\jre, in “target folder” select C:\Program Files\Java\jre7. Click “create”, Dismiss warning.
    8) Enjoy PhpStorm with Java SE 7

12. Andrey Gayvoronsky says:

Is there any way to prolong opensource license? I mailed few days ago and still no answer. Not matter what answer – yes or no, just anything :(

13. Hoof says:

you dont need a symlink, just delete (or rename) the jre folder in the phpstorm installation forder and be sure that JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME is set in path.

14. koubel says:

Version 2.1.5 was released yesterday, any notices about this release on the blog?

15. neuro159 says:

@koubel 2.1.5 contains only internal platform stability and performance fixes.

Comments are closed.