PhpStorm 6 EAP build 126.339

New build is ready. Patch-update is not available, so start the download before you continue. We skipped the blog&twitter announcements for the previous one (126.260) and it looks like it has not received the desired attention, so here is a summary:

• the PS team was focused on performance and bug fixing. We made our best to eradicate all reported exceptions, so please be sure to submit all new problems to our Exception Analyser (click on flashing red light in status bar). Plus, in case of something reproducible please submit report to our issue tracker.
  • PHP inspection performance dramatically improved for (previously) worst cases - huge files and huge batch inspection runs.
  • PHP completion for all cases involving namespaces is being reworked now. You should see significant improvements, but there is a set of known issues pending.
  • the Web team continues to pour new features: JS libraries concept was totally reworked (for the good), File Watchers got presets for popular tools, Emmet for CSS is available and more. Details available in WebStorm announcements 126.254 and 126.309

All teams are working on tutorials on all the new wonderful features added, stay tuned.

As usual, bear in mind that you are getting a snapshot of work in progress and product will undergo series of technical and cosmetic changes.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Early Access Preview, PhpStorm. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to PhpStorm 6 EAP build 126.339

1. tufan says:

Great news, thanks.
    I registered a new tab in the code style settings for PHP: Arrangement. Not sure if this came with the latest EAP but, I’d never seen it before. So; could you provide more info about that?

• Alexey Gopachenko says:

It governs the arrangement of generated (and inserted) code fragments – i.e. for code generation actions, inspection quick-fixes and intentions.

2. Tom says:

Approximately when will you release this??
    March?? April?? Just an approximate timeframe would be helpful.

3. Meir says:

Very nice, I always enjoy a new EAP build.

I’m still having problems jquery in large projects. As soon as I type $( inside a javascript block, the whole program freezes, the CPU usage goes up to 50%, and the memory usage climbs up at a steady rate until I end the process. Is there anything I can do to help you diagnose this problem? It’s been happening for quite a few builds now.

Thanks

4. ksafonov says:

Does the app become unresponsive? If yes, please wait for a minute, then shut it down, zip “log” folder (you can find it via Help -> Reveal log action) and send it to me at kirill (dot) safonov (at) jetbrains (dot) com. If it stays responsive please take CPU snapshot as per http://devnet.jetbrains.com/docs/DOC-192. Thanks!

5. Fabio says:

The “check for update” says that I already have the latest version (126.260). Is it normal?

6. Finally tried File Watchers. It’s brillinat!

7. Sebastian Fischer says:

Got a problem with the projekt file tree with this version. Reported it and need to downgrade because i cant see any files in the tree. Thats a disappointment. Well hope it gets fixed soon or i have to downgrade even to 5.0 O_o

8. Leiha says:

I tried to launch the new EAP build and at the beginning he freeze and finally crashes (each time, java crashes to) .

My system says me this :
    The crashed program seems to use third-party or local libraries:
    /applications/phpStorm/126.339/bin/libyjpagent-linux64.so
    /home/leiha/.WebIde60/system/tmp/snappy-1.0.52-libsnappyjava.so

when i remove .WebIde60 it works fine.

9. I can’t emphasize often enough how much of a time saver PhpStorm is. It’s an absolute pleasure to work with! Thanks for your efforts, guys, and keep up the good work!

10. Eirik Hoem says:

I can’t find the File Watchers. When creating a new typescript-file I do not get the popup shown in earlier videos. Can’t find any reference in any menus or settings either.

Any pointers?

11. Kay says:

The 6EAP always starts indexing, like it doesn’t even cache the indexes between restarts of the IDE on disk. Is this normal?
    Also, the project crashes regularly, which causes the start of indexing, too.

• ksafonov says:

@Kay Indexing should be done only once, IDE crash may cause internal caches corruption and consequent rebuild. Could you please create a ticket in the tracker (link in the post) and attach idea.log? (Help -> Reveal log). You can login to the tracker in via OpenID. Thanks!

Comments are closed.