PhpStorm 6.0.1 EAP Started – Build 129.91

We are happy to announce the beginning of PhpStorm 6.0.1 Early Access Program and the build 129.91 is already available for download.

Just a couple of weeks after the major 6.0 update we are ready to deliver fresh build to be tested.

On PHP side we are focused on bugfixes and new features, including:

• Change Signature refactoring now supports anonymous functions
  • New action “move method up/down”
  • Code formatting and indentation fixes
  • Smarty template engine support fixes

All the latest fixes from the Web team are also included, such as:

• Improved formatting for CoffeeScript
  • Improved inspections for SASS and TypeScript

Apart from than a new build features general performance and stability improvements.

Download PhpStorm 6.0.1 EAP build 129.91 for your platform from project EAP page and please report any bugs and feature request to out Issue Tracker. No patch-update available for this build.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in Early Access Preview, PhpStorm and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to PhpStorm 6.0.1 EAP Started – Build 129.91

1. Ales says:

PHPStorm6 on Ubuntu is telling me I already have the latest version when checking for an update.
    Will I be possible to do an in-app update or will I have to re-download and install it again?

2. Kise says:

please provide update for WI-1398 & WI-6027

3. Is the issue fixed that an imported SCSS files in infile.scss has changed and then rebuild the CSS like “sass –watch infile.scss:outfile.css” can do it?

• Mikhail Vink says:

We couldn’t find issue you are talking about. Could you please send us the number? If not reported, please report it at youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB

4. William Eldridge says:

Will http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-72041 about bookmarks being invisible in the darcula theme be addressed in this build as well? (The PHPStorm-specific ticket about the issue was closed as a duplicate)

5. Nik says:

Hmm, “You evalution license has expired”. But expiration date – 03 April.

6. Darin Peterson says:

I think it’s really great that you guys put out the EAP releases, because it helps you develop a better product in the end.

What I dislike is that all of us who take the time to download install, test and report errors for the EAP releases are left hanging for several weeks after the final release of a product. Our EAPs run out of time, and at this point we are rushing around trying to find the latest license code to make PhpStorm work again.

Maybe JetBrains should have an EAP program, where developers could use the EAP year around. And for those that participate in “every” EAP, they can continue using an EAP release between complete releases.

Until JetBrains does something like this, I’m going to sit out on the EAP releases.

• Brad W says:

re: I’m going to sit out on the EAP releases.

I don’t see the point. I had 5.0.4 installed along with a rolling last 3 EAP releases for most of the last year. When 6 came along, I installed that. Doesn’t seem much different than just having 5.0.4 and then 6.0 from a licensing perspective. Just that you miss out on participating in the EAP.

OTOH, if there was always an EAP license available, what motivation would people have to buy the release?

I did live in fear that another EAP wouldn’t come out in time and I would have to revert back to using 5.0.4. So it may be nice if we could apply the current license to the EAP, but I never needed to and never tried.

• matthieu says:

You realize that you are complaining that a company doesn’t make its selling product free enough?

Yes this is EAP and yes you participate, but come on!

• Darin Peterson says:

This message was intended for JetBrans staff. I don’t believe you understand what I’m saying.

Many companies provide alpha and beta releases and have a “select group” of individuals using their product. Core users would test the software. These select users, people that use it every day could use the product and provide valuable feedback.

This would take it out of the hands of the casual user, and casual users could use the 30 day trial and buy a seat if they choose.

I believe this would be a benefit to JetBrains as well as their core users…

• Dmitry Jemerov says:

We’ve had a bunch of experience with select groups of individuals getting access to our software for free in exchange for a promise to provide feedback, and it invariably ended up with nothing: the promised feedback never materialised. What we do instead is give free licenses to a few of the most active EAP members, which let them use the product once the EAP program is over. We believe that it’s the best solution for the company and for the most actively involved users.

• John Nelson says:

I am of the opposite opinion, I really dont like the fact that EAP releases get bug fixes while those who have paid for the product have to sit and wait for the bug fixes… the only option there is to download the EAP version, which is just a trial license. So why buy the damn thing in the first place…

7. Joe Bowman says:

Have you published a changelog for this EAP?

I am always happy to help run the EAP versions to assist in testing, but I do like to know what has changed!

Thanks.

8. Ryan says:

Is it possible to get the bug fixes for the paid version? Or do you have to download this EAP and get a time restricted copy? Just think the paid users should get the bug fixes without having to use an EAP copy.

• Mikhail Vink says:

You will surely get this bug fix to your stable paid version. EAP is published earlier and can be not stable, update for a stable version is published after EAP. So please wait some time.

9. Brad W says:

Ditto on the changelog. I know there is somewhere in youTrack a list of what has changed, but I shouldn’t have to work so hard to be helpful. I generally give up before I find it, figuring that if you really wanted feedback, you would have provided the list.

• Mikhail Vink says:

Yes, it’s in YouTrack right now. We’ll consider adding a full changelog/release notes for PhpStorm in the future. Thanks!

10. Travis Uribe says:

What formatting and indentation issues have been fixed? Can you now do this?

Normally that would be ugly, but it’s very useful in PHP templates. Currently, that doesn’t survive auto-formatting and gets changed to this:

11. Eugene says:

Is it correct behavior that I got Update notification about PHPStorm 6.0.1 (that is still in EAP) while I am using stable public release 6.0 version (build 127.100) ?
    I was supposing to receive only stable public release updates.

• Mikhail Vink says:

Please check Settings | Updates as it can be configured so that you get EAP notifications as well. Thank you!

12. Andrey 'lolmaus' Mikhaylov says:

Still no Compass support? What were the “SASS inspections” improvements then?

Using PhpStorm for editing Compass-powered SASS code in no different from using a notepad. :( PhpStorm considers all my variables and mixins to be undefined.

And of course, all refactoring-related operations are failing. Here’s just one example: http://d.pr/i/xxy8+.

The only difference between the IDE and a notepad is that PhpStorm warns me about every freaking variable that it might not be resolved in production. Wow, what a sincere concern! :(

Compass is THE industry standard for SASS development and it is ridiculous that PhpStorm can’t handle even the most basic things like variable and mixin names autocompletion. Even vim can do that!

I started using PhpStorm only because i needed SASS support, and only after purchase i discovered that SASS support is broken (or, more precisely, it never existed). I feel deceived.

I’ve got one question: when PhpStorm and other JetBrains IDEs will have a full-fledged Compass support? The corresponding ticket has been around for two years already and still pending. :(

• Mikhail Vink says:

The work on this is currently in progress. The fix version in the issue is 7, so it means it most probably will be available in the next major release – PhpStorm 7.

13. Phil says:

Do you have the strange reording on automatic namespace use statements on your radar?

E.g. I have a file:

<php
    namespace \foo\bar;

/********************
    * License & copyright
    **********************/
    /**
    * class comment
    class someclass extends other class {

If PhpStorm now inserts use statements, then the comments will be reversed:

<php
    namespace \foo\bar;
    /**
    * class comment
    use \other\bar;
    /********************
    * License & copyright
    **********************/
    class someclass extends other class {

This is rather confusing ;) Actually I either want the comments to stay in the right order or to have use statements below the namespace line, before the license header.

Comments are closed.