First, WebStorm allows for smarter and more streamlined web development with modern languages such as TypeScript, CoffeeScript and Dart. In addition to providing a first-class code editor for these languages, WebStorm 6 offers:
- Automatic compilation/transpilation of these higher-level languages into those recognized by browsers on all supported platforms.
- Full-featured debugging of TypeScript, Dart or CoffeeScript with source maps.
And third, new IDE look and feel, and Darcula, a new native dark UI theme for the IDE and the editor are finally available for WebStorm users.
Other noteworthy features include:
- Live Edit, introduced in the previous release, now brings improved usability and support for HTML5 live editing.
- Improved HTML and CSS, Sass and Less coding, with a re-designed HTML structure view and support for even faster coding using Emmet snippets in the editor.
- Built-in HTTP server and REST Client.
WebStorm 6.0 is a free update for everyone who purchased their license after Mar 6, 2012