WebStorm 7 build 130.1167

Today we’re releasing a new EAP build of WebStorm 7. The new build contains a good amount of new features for you to enjoy:

• Initial support for TypeScript 0.9, including the support for generics;
  • Support for istanbul code coverage engine for JavaScript;
  • Redesigned REST Client UI with support for requests history, import/export, compressed responses and other improvements;

We’ve also redesigned Live Edit, one of the main productivity-enhancing features of WebStorm. To make its behavior more predictable, we’re now enabling it only within a debug session. You can run the JS debugger for every HTML page, and once you do so, Live Edit will take care of automatically updating the contents of the page as you change the .html file.

(Update: This works not just for pure HTML files, but also for many other file types that contain or generate HTML, CSS or JavaScript. You just need to specify the URL of the page in the “JavaScript Debug” run configuration.)

As usual, you can find more information in the release notes. The build is available for download on the EAP page, and will soon be available for patch-based update within the IDE.

This entry was posted in Early Access Preview. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to WebStorm 7 build 130.1167

1. Martin says:

Seems like the tar.gz contains the old version (tried twice). The patch seemed to work though.

• Dmitry Jemerov says:

Martin,
      Unfortunately I’m not able to reproduce the incorrect packaging problem for the .tar.gz build. The MD5 of the correct .tar.gz file is de168ba571d81aeaccd52b6a1333f285 – please check if it matches for you.

2. Patrick Logan says:

I am using EAP 130.1167 with typescript. There seems to be a problem where the editor is not implicitly referencing lib.d.ts for the common javascript type definitions. For example the javascript Date class is unknown to the editor.

Adding an explicit /// satisfies the editor’s warnings, but when the file is compiled this results in duplicate definition errors because the compiler *does* implicitly reference lib.d.ts

Let me know if you’d like me to report this error using a different forum.

3. Ádám Lippai says:

How can I get the code coverage information from the Karma test runner?
    When I try to search for Istanbul in Setting I get nothing, the coverage report result is also set to ‘null’.
    Can you write some basic steps&settings for the JS code coverage setup with Karma and Istanbul?

• Sergey Simonchik says:

If you configured code coverage in karma.conf.js correctly, some coverage report should be generated on your local drive. You just need to click “Run with Coverage” and Code Coverage Toolwindow will show up.
      Karma integration documentation is coming soon.

• Ádám Lippai says:

Thank you, I had to restart the Karma runner, so now I have the correct outputs, lines indicated in the editor etc.. Maybe some karma.conf.js watching would be nice for server restart :P

4. Rafal says:

Why do you spoil something what worked before?
    It is really annoying when some feature which I use every minutes completely stop working.
    I mean double click on the line number to select some segment of html.