ReSharper 4.0 GA

ReSharper 4.0 is finally released!

See Features, What’s New for details.

This entry was posted in News and Events and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to ReSharper 4.0 GA

1. Matthew says:

Congrats to the entire team for the release. I couldn’t live without the tool so I’m glad to see I can now be productive with VS 2008!

2. Jesper says:

A great product just got even better. I simply cannot believe how other .NET developers can live without this tool.

3. Brian says:

Congratulations for this release! The nightly builds were solid, I can’t wait to install this one!

4. Roman Kuznetsov says:

I am also glad and will join above posts congrats all the team involved in releasing this tool!

But, one thing I would like to mention – there is just cool feature called “Type Members Layout”. The worst thing here is that it does not take into consideration any #if / #endif defined within the file. This is really nice feature (among others) and it would be really appreciated if developers could handle that correctly in next subrelease? Another point regarding this is that when RemoveAllRegions=”true” specified for the pattern it should remove all the #region / #endregion, but it seems that if one #region #endregion has been aligned incorrectly (let’s say in different scopes) then target file will be refactored with errors meaning that not all the old #region / #endregion will be removed from source file.

Thanks in advance.

5. Hardeep Virdee says:

Congratulations on another fine release – installed and using it already. Much faster than 3.x and great new features.

6. Jura Gorohovsky says:

Thanks everyone for your congrats! :)

Roman: Thanks for your feedback! First, if you haven’t done so yet, you should try to submit a formal JIRA request (http://jetbrains.net/jira/browse/RSRP)
    I will also forward your remarks to the developer in charge of the Type Members Layout feature. Of course, I’m not entitled to promise anything, but we’ll try to pay a special attention to this.

7. Eugene Pasynkov says:

To Roman Kuznetsov:
    Unfortunately, Type Member Layout feature cannot manage preprocessor directives. Right now we haven’t found any suitable solution to treat them, and it mess code up :( We will do our best to fix this in the nearest future

8. Rob says:

I’m sorry to say that Version 4 is useless compared to 3.x, since it crashes after apx 20-30 min of use.

Please release a fix for this wonderfull product asap!

9. Jura Gorohovsky says:

Rob:
    Sorry to hear that.
    Please submit a JIRA request (http://jetbrains.net/jira/browse/RSRP) with all necessary info regarding your environment to reproduce the issue.
    If the solution for the issue is not known yet, chances are we will address it in a bug-fix release.