It’s been over one and a half months since the release of ReSharper 7, and in that timeframe we’ve already rolled out a minor update fix (7.0.1). Microsoft, on its part, has yesterday officially launched Visual Studio 2012 which ReSharper 7 has been firmly supporting from the very start.
We’ve been posting on some of the new features that are included in ReSharper 7, so we thought it’s about time to do a summary post for your convenience. This list is by no means all-inclusive and there are still other interesting areas we’re going to be writing about.
- What’s inside ReSharper 7. Quick summary of key features. Would this make this post a Meta-Summary then?
- How exactly ReSharper 7 supports Visual Studio 2012. A list of features specific to Visual Studio 2012.
- Windows Runtime support. Must-have features if you’re doing WinRT development.
- INotifyPropertyChanged support . Helping developers get rid of the burden of properties changing.
- Code generation improvements. Highlighting some new features and improvements for code generation (when it’s absolutely necessary).
- Unit testing improvements. Includes enhancements to NUnit, support for Jasmine and JSPhantom.
- SharePoint and LightSwitch support. Providing support for these technologies in terms of namespaces, correct code analysis et al.
- New refactorings. This includes the highly requested Extract Class refactoring as well as Transform Out Parameters.
- Contract annotations. Setting code contracts to improve the quality and insight of ReSharper code analysis with regard to your specific code base.
- New code inspections. Speaking of code analysis, ReSharper 7 brings more assorted code inspections to remove potential problems in code.
- Member hierarchical views. Extending hierarchy views to apply to members and not only types.
In addition, we’ve worked hard with the plug-in developers to ensure that the majority of extensions for ReSharper would be available for version 7 for it’s release. You can find a complete list of compatible plug-ins for ReSharper 7.