ReSharper 7.1.3 is Available for Visual Studio 2012 Update 2

Have you upgraded Visual Studio 2012 to Update 2 RTM? If you have, please download ReSharper 7.1.3, which is mostly about compatibility with this new Visual Studio update.

Specifically, ReSharper can now successfully run MSTest fixtures in VS2012 Update 2 (this was the most important problem that has prevented usage of ReSharper 7.1.2 with VS2012 Update 2); adds support for Windows Phone 8 unit test projects; and becomes compatible with the final release of LightSwitch HTML Client as part of VS2012 Update 2.

To make things clearer, here are some easy rules specifying whether you need ReSharper 7.1.3 depending on the version of Visual Studio that you’re using:

• Visual Studio 2005, 2008, or 2010: you don’t need ReSharper 7.1.3, skipping this update is a safe bet.
  • Visual Studio 2012 prior to Update 2: you should NOT install ReSharper 7.1.3 if you’re using MSTest.
  • Visual Studio 2012 Update 2: ReSharper 7.1.3 is primarily for you, so go ahead and download it.
This entry was posted in News and Events and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to ReSharper 7.1.3 is Available for Visual Studio 2012 Update 2

1. Patrick Crawford says:

Naturally, 7.1.3 killed my NUnit integration…

2. kfalk says:

@Patrick Could you please provide us with more detailed info related to NUnit integration? What NUnit version, VS version do you have? Any sample solution ? Thnx in advance!

3. Mick says:

After updating R# to this version I still had to uninstall Update 2 then repair Visual Studio then re-install Update 2 to get everything working as expected.

4. @Mick
    The Update 2 that you had to uninstall first, was it CTP or final build (RTM)?

5. Mick says:

Build 7.1.3000.1964

6. Mick says:

Oh sorry I miss read your comment, the Update 2 was the final RTM and was the first time installing meaning now previous versions of Update 2 were installed.

7. @Mick Then it makes perfect sense: 7.1.3 supports Update 2 RTM only; prior CTP releases are not supported (too many changes were going on between them)

8. Mick says:

@Jura

I think you mis-understood my previous reply, the only version of Update 2 installed on my machine is the RTM, sorry for any confusion.

In my previous message “now” should have been “no” meaning no previous versions of Update 2 were ever installed.

9. @Mick Ah I see, sorry to have misunderstood.
    It’s strange that a VS repair was required but at this point, it’s next to impossible to know what happened.
    Anyway I’m happy to know that it works for you after repairing and reinstalling.

10. Dave says:

all of my code is showing errors after installing resharper ontop of update 2? Uninstalling resharper brings this back to normal… any ideas?

11. @Dave You might want to try clear ReSharper caches. To do that, choose ReSharper > Options > Environment > General and click “Clear caches”. This helps in most cases similar to yours.

12. Tim Wilson says:

It looks like support for the new Blue theme was added in EAP 8. My templates window is unreadable with black text on a dark blue background. Does this support exist in v7.1.3?

13. @Tim Unfortunately, the Blue theme is only supported in v8.

14. Schmulik Raskin says:

Hi! When both Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 are installed, what is the recommended upgrade path?

15. @Shumulik You’re safe to install 7.1.3 in both VS versions provided that VS2012 contains Update 2

16. Eric Dorothy says:

Where are the release notes for ReSharper 7.1.3? If you could post a link to these next to the download the next time, then we would know what has or has not yet been fixed before we download it, install it, and find out the hard way.

Thank you.

17. @Eric Can you please elaborate what exactly were you forced to find out the hard way in this case?
    Thanks

18. Eric Dorothy says:

Nothing in particular; that was not my point. My point was that it would be nice to read the release notes to find out WHAT is in the release. Which items were fixed, refactored, known issues etc.

19. @Eric This post actually does contain a summary describing what’s in the release and suggesting whether different groups of users should be upgrading to it.
    We’re describing every release being announced as fully as we possibly can. Summarizing things is especially important for significant releases: I’m not sure a lot of people would be eager to browse through release notes for a version that’s been in development for quite a long time because it’s simply too much info. For example, here’s a 823-item list of fixes for version 7.1.
    With minor versions like 7.1.3, this makes a lot more sense, and here’s the list of fixes for that release for your information.

20. Roe says:

I’m using RS 7.1.3 with the latest version of Typemock and I cant get any of my Typemock unit tests to run, the only error I’m seeing is Inconclusive: Test wasn’t run I can run the tests fine through vs2012′s test runner but resharper wont run them. Is there a log written by resharper where I can view more details about why this is failing?

21. Alexander Kurakin says:

@ Roe, could you please apply the following http://resharper-support.jetbrains.com/entries/23854211-MSTest-Unit-Testing-does-not-work-or-fails-with-error-with-ReSharper-7-1-x. Please let me know about the result.
    Thanks!

22. David Tansey says:

Can someone please point me to link where I can get 7.1.3?

I cannot find it.