ReSharper 8.0.2 is Released

Well it’s that time again: another bug fix update to ReSharper 8 is available.

This time though, most of you would be safe skipping it since it targets quite a limited part of ReSharper customers.

You’d benefit from downloading and installing ReSharper 8.0.2 if you were unable to use 8.0.1 despite having an active upgrade subscription. As it turned out, customers who have purchased ReSharper 7 with upgrade subscription from end of July to end of August 2012 were unable to make use of 8.0.1 although they were entitled to 3-digit updates for 8.0. Version 8.0.2 fixes this issue and should work fine with subscriptions purchased within this period.

Apart from resolving the problem highlighted above, this update only contains 2 more fixes: one related to assembly resolve with certain web.config configurations (RSRP-369336) and another one that has to do with navigation between usages discovered with Find Usages Advanced (RSRP-383894).

This entry was posted in News and Events and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to ReSharper 8.0.2 is Released

1. ta.speot.is says:

How’s RePlusPlus for native code going?

2. @ta.speot.is Going slower than expected but still we’re trying to come up with an early private build.

3. Baskin Tapkan says:

Just upgraded from 7.1.3 to 8.0.2, but MsTest does not run again on Resharper 8.02. what am i missing?

4. Baskin Tapkan says:

scratch that. it looks like the Unit Test Sessions window has an issue. I went to “Run Unit Tests” from the “Resharper” menu box, there it was. But it looks like an obvious bug with right clicking on the test method and “run”, which i am used.

5. raz says:

the Platform target 64-bit not work, always use ‘vstest.executionengine.x86.exe’

6. @raz Not sure I understand what you’re referring to. Can you clarify or provide a link to a bug report please? thanks

7. Michael Plavnik says:

Is possible to add simple semantics rules to the XAML support, such that below markup extension would be correctly analysed (basically, subclass extensions)?

public class SelfBinding : Binding
    {
    public SelfBinding() { RelativeSource = new RelativeSource(…Self); }
    }

I am using v7 currently.

8. Alexander Shvedov says:

@Michael Plavnik, no, it is not possible to add such rules by now, even in v8.
    Please, create corresponding issue in youtrack.jetbrains.com and please clarify your vision of solving such problems (“semantic rules” part).

9. Joe White says:

R#8 has some nice new features, but it’s regressed badly in solution-wide analysis. I probably burn 10-15 minutes in a typical day (and more than that some days) “fixing” it when it’s showing errors in valid code. It’ll say a property doesn’t exist, or that I’m calling a method with the wrong number of parameters, even though the code is perfectly fine.

My guess is that at least some of this happens when I rebase in Git. Git first resets my working copy to trunk (which doesn’t have the changes I’ve been working on), then re-applies my branch on top of that, one changeset at a time. I think ReSharper might be eagerly re-scanning all my source files the instant Git resets to trunk, but then fails to notice that the files change again as Git re-applies all my commits.

But that doesn’t explain all of the problems R#8 has, because occasionally it’ll suddenly forget about properties or method signatures that I changed several days ago — long after I’ve merged them into trunk and am no longer resetting my working copy to a state without those changes.

The “re-scan files with errors” button never helps when it’s in this state. I have to actually open the file it isn’t re-scanning (so if it’s saying that FooClass.BarProperty doesn’t exist when it really does, or says I’m calling FooClass.Baz with the wrong number of parameters, then I need to open FooClass.cs), and then actually edit that file, before R# will re-scan it and recognize that oh yeah, it does have that property and that method. (I usually make a trivial edit to make the file non-compilable, wait a second or two for the red squigglies to show up, and then undo my edit.) R# has long had problems with occasionally needing me to make trivial edits to force it to re-scan a class, but with R#8, it’s a several-times-daily occurrence.

Did you guys change the way you check to see whether a file has changed, and start caching things too aggressively in 8.0 (to the point where you fail to re-scan when things change)?

10. Dmitry Ivanov says:

Joe, we indeed have changed some caching strategy for files in 8.0. We are now working on repro for this issue and will fix it ASAP.

11. Roman says:

Joe, we also have the same problem. Possible workaround is to restart Visual Studio.

12. @Roman
    Have you reported the problem to ReSharper support or issue tracker? If there’s an existing bug report, can you please point me at it?
    Thanks

13. Joe White says:

I’ve already written this up as RSRP-370715.

RSRP-370546 may also be related, although it’s already been marked as fixed.

14. Joe White says:

Okay, VS2013 was released today, so I downloaded and installed it. Then I re-ran ReSharperSetup.8.0.2000.2660.msi, selected “Change”, and checked the box for VS2013. The installer finished in less than 10 seconds (as opposed to the usual several minutes), and when I started VS2013 again, there was still no ReSharper menu. What do I need to do to install into VS2013? Uninstall ReSharper completely and reinstall?

15. Jonas says:

@Joe White
    I had the same problem, uninstall/install did the trick for me