From the PHP side, this build features:
- Initial support for Behat (BDD framework for PHP). Now Behat run configurations can be set in the same way as PHPUnit’s. Usual testing workflow (running with Run action, UI for running tests and displaying results) is already implemented. More Behat-related features are coming in next EAPs.
- Type inference: support for “foreach” of classes that implements ArrayAccess and Iterator interfaces (see WI-8039 for more details)
- Ability to skip certain functions with PHP debug Step Into (currently implemented for Xdebug only)
- Formatting options enhancements: blank lines around class constants; space before/after unary Not(!) can be configured in Settings | Code Style | PHP | Spaces | Other
- @uses and @used-by tags can be used to indicate usage
- Section support is implemented in rearrange menu for PHP
- and many other bug fixes and improvements (see full list in our issue tracker)…
IntelliJ platform and web changes are also included.
See full release notes for a list of changes.
Patch-update will be available in an hour from the previous PhpStorm 8 EAP build (138.84).
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team