PhpStorm 8 EAP 138.256

*Update* In order to resolve regressions introduced in this EAP (related to use statements and refactorings) please disable Behat Support plugin in Settings | Plugins.

PhpStorm 8 EAP 138.256 is available for download.

From the PHP side, this build features:

• Understanding uniform multi-level arrays such as Object[][]
  • Detailed/separate messages for PHPDOC signature mismatches
  • Behat: find usages for step definition methods
  • many bug fixes and improvements (see full list in our issue tracker)…

IntelliJ platform and web changes are also included.

Please note that default hotkey for multiple selection (multiple carets) add/remove caret has been changed to Alt+Click (used to be Alt+Shift+Click before). It can be always changed in Settings | Keymap | Add or Remove Caret.

See full release notes for a list of changes.

Download PhpStorm 8 EAP build 138.256 for your platform from project EAP page and please report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.

Patch-update will be available in an hour from the previous PhpStorm 8 EAP build (138.184).

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team

This entry was posted in Early Access Program and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to PhpStorm 8 EAP 138.256

1. Max says:

Am I the only one, who has problems while editing javascript files? It becomes very slow, hangs for a while (7-10 seconds) from time to time and I don’t know what to do with this. Yes, I know that I should open the ticket with cpu snapshot, but I’m too lazy for that.

• Baldrs says:

I do have such problem too. Also, in addition to the above, there is the refactoring problems, such as extract variable messes the code instead of what it is intended to do.

• Patrick Sweeney says:

If you’re that lazy, then don’t expect it to get fixed. Developers have those channels for a reason.

• Mikhail Vink says:

Please update Behat plugin in Settings | Plugins | Behat, that would solve the issue.

2. yehosef says:

I’ve unfortunately found the PHPStorm 8 EAP too broken for daily use. Until now I would almost always run the EAP for daily use but I haven’t had such luck this round. The latest bug that I find crippling is http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-124540 – does no one else have this problem?

another issue – When I switch between 7.1.3 and EAP 8 – I lose my deploy settings. Even when I reset them the auto-deploy is flaky (I work on local code and auto deploy to the deve server – if they link is not rock solid, My changes don’t make it the server randomly and I spend a lot of time till I realized it didn’t get pushed. I haven’t reported this because I didn’t experience it enough to write an accurate issue – but something is going on there.

It would be great if there was a way to prevent these kinds of regressions – as much as the new features are nice – the majority of them I don’t need whereas a do need a stable working environment that works the way it has been.

BTW – I am grateful that http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-122405 was fixed – but it is another example of a critical daily use case that broke during this EAP cycle.

3. Tomasz Sawicki says:

Is it only me, or variable/parameter rename refactoring is broken in this EAP?

• Jannik Zschiesche says:

It is not just you.

Variable refactoring in JS only renames the selected occurance (the other are untouched).

• Mikhail Vink says:

Please update Behat plugin in Settings | Plugins | Behat, that would resolve this issue.

• Jannik Zschiesche says:

This fixed it.

Thanks a lot!

Quick question: is there an easy way to auto-update all plugins? I always do it manually by refreshing the list and selecting each plugin individually and pressing “update”.

• Liubov Melnikova says:

There is no list with checkboxes, I am afraid. Not up-to-date plugins are highlighted in red, that’s it.

• Mikhail Vink says:

Please update Behat plugin in Settings | Plugins | Behat, that would resolve the issue.

4. Ellesmess Glain says:

I’m not sure, but it seems that this build didn’t see uses – PStorm thinks that nothing has usage, so optimization (ctrl+alt+l) brake code…. oops

5. Anderson says:

All my use partials namespaces are broken with this update.

6. Kick_the_BUCKET says:

Does anybody have issues with namespaces being reported as undefined after this update?

7. William says:

i like the default alt thing for multi cursor… finding this EAP one of the better.. so its strange seeing the above issues.

i dont use deployment options (just push to git) so cant comment on that.. but i did have to redo my database connections

8. SkaveRat says:

Even after updating/removing the Behat plugin and invalidating the cache, the IDE is slow as hell. Autocomplete takes 2-5 seconds to display anything while typing freezes.

• Carsten Decker says:

Good to know and alongside the project settings migration issue another reason for me not to use PhpStorm 8. Gladly 7.1 is almost fast …

@JetBrains: It makes me sad.

9. Maxim Kolmakov says:

In order to resolve regressions introduced in this EAP (related to use statements and refactorings) please just disable Behat Support plugin in Settings | Plugins.

10. Vito says:

Hello. Does anyone else have problems with file-watchers and “upload external changes” combination? I’m using LESS and TypeScript, and when I edit these files and I save, they get compiled and uploaded but sometimes (randomly) the upload (i think) happens before the compiling finishes and that results in compiled files being uploaded without changes… I read that unchecking “Immediate file synchronization” helps, but it doesn’t… I always update to a newest version, but this problem does not disappear…

11. Nadav Kavalerchik says:

These are all very nice and useful features but what about RTL support in the editor?

Please hold the new features and fix this long standing bug.
    Please.

12. Rick says:

Multi-cursor appears to be broken for me, it doesn’t trigger at all. I’ve looked over the release notes and can’t see any mention of it.

• Maarten Balliauw says:

Please note that default hotkey for multiple selection (multiple carets) has been changed to Alt+Click (used to be Alt+Shift+Click before). It can be always changed in Settings | Keymap | Add or Remove Caret.

13. Olar says:

Its not usable when phpStorm 8 is so slow….is there a way to unistall some plugins or set settings to boost it up? I am using for a PHP and Javascript.