PyCharm 3.0 EAP build 130.1764

We’ve just released a new EAP build of PyCharm 3.0, build 130.1764. This time there are not that many new features; the biggest one is probably the support for the Stylus dialect of CSS.

However, the team has been hard at work improving and polishing previously added features. Both Pyramid and the local terminal got a lot of love, and we’ve also greatly improved the code insight in Django templates referenced from class-based views. We’re also continuing the work on the custom skeletons subsystem, which will provide a handy way for users to specify their own type annotations for third-party libraries.

The new build is available for download from the EAP page, and the complete list of changes can be found in the release notes.

This entry was posted in Early Access Preview. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to PyCharm 3.0 EAP build 130.1764

1. Jazeps says:

Hi. In the EAP page the links are still to the old release 1451, not 1764.

2. Greg says:

Hate to be a nag, but while you’re improving Django code insight, *please* please take a look at this one: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-2980

It’s going on two years running now, and the majority of our models.py files are pock-marked with false alarms.

3. Paul Everitt says:

Thanks for the Pyramid love!

4. Dmitry says:

Import unknown classes action no longer appears in this build, thats a major issue, that makes unusable this build

5. Miks Kalnins says:

It would be really nice if EAP versions didn’t expire after 30 days if you own a license.

Archlinux EAP package tends to lag behind a few days which means I need to manually update it after it expires. I know it’s not official way to update, but I don’t see reason to have the 30 day limit if you own a valid license.

Also, thanks for the superb IDE! :)

• Dmitry Jemerov says:

The EAP builds are intended for testing, and we provide them in order to receive feedback about features we’re currently developing. The reason why a EAP build expires in 30 days is that feedback from users of a EAP build released more than 30 days ago usually has no value to us; the major issues are very likely to have been resolved.

We would really prefer it if EAP builds were not made available through any sources other than the JetBrains website.

• Miks Kalnins says:

The ArchLinux eap package is just a script which downloads directly from JetBrains website and automates the install.

I understand your point, thanks for the response.

6. Richard says:

Hello,

I’m really looking forward to version 3.0 and I have already an approved PO for buying a license for this version. For cons, I see a certain relaxation in advancing of the developpement for the web2py support base on the fact that there were only one bug fix for web2py in the last EAP. I do not know the complexity behind the support of this framework, but I expect that PyCharm does not tell me “Unresolved reference ‘session’” or “Unresolved reference ‘Field’” or “Unresolved reference ‘T’”, etc. Those false positive alert are the most abondant from what I can see…

I really enjoy working with PyCharm and would greatly appreciate more improvement for web2py support. Have less false positive helps focus on real issue and find the real error.

Thanks

Regards

Richard

• Dmitry Jemerov says:

Richard, I don’t see any open issues in YouTrack matching the symptoms you describe. We have no chance of fixing a problem if we don’t know it exists. Please file issues with details required to reproduce the problems.

• Richard says:

Done!

Also notice there is 2 other unresolved issue that could be related :

PY-10332 Web2Py: quick-fix to create not-existing view for controller
        PY-10002 Unresolved reference in case of package marked as source root

Sorry, I thought this were already report since it was all over the place…

Richard