Rubymine 96.788: RCov, SCSS, more issue trackers

Hello guys,

It’s been a long time since the previous EAP of RubyMine was published, and today we are ready to announce new RubyMine EAP build 96.788.
The previous build had some problems with Ruby formatting, spellchecker and RSpec, and thus in this build we concentrated on improving the quality and stability. It contains lots of bugfixes and improvements within RSpec, Cucumber, HAML, LESS support, refactorings, formatter, etc.

However there are some brand new features, here they are:

• RCov integration.
    • Support for Test::Unit, Shoulda, Cucumber, RSpec, Rails, Ruby Script run configurations
    • Coverage data inside project view
    • Coverage data inside the editor
    • Coverage HTML report generation
  • SCSS support
    • Syntax highlighting
    • Variables and Mixins support: find usages, go to declarations, rename refactoring
    • SCSS style imports
  • GitHub issue tracker support
  • Redmine issue tracker support

Feel free to download, as usual we are looking forward to hearing your feedback!
Full release notes are available here.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement, Feature and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Rubymine 96.788: RCov, SCSS, more issue trackers

1. dmitry says:

great, is github issue tracker support will be available only as RubyMine feature or in all next builds of IDEA family (PyCharm, PhpStrom)?

2. Oleg Shpynov says:

Hi Dmitry,
    For sure these features will be available in every product of IDEA family.

Regards,
    Oleg

3. Seban says:

I have disabled menu item ‘Generate coverage report’. I have rcov gem installed.

4. Oleg Shpynov says:

Hi Seban,

Before generating coverage report you have to run any of the run configuration with code coverage option enabled. After you succeed you’ll seen coverage data within editor and Generate coverage report action will become available.

Regards,
    Oleg

5. Looking forward to trying out the new Github and Redmine tracker support. That now covers all of the ticketing systems I care about.

6. Mark Wilden says:

I tried to open a large file and RM told showed me a new dialog box suggesting I increase its memory. I increased it to 1GB and it showed me the dialog again when I tried to open the file again. I increased it to 2GB and now RM won’t start.

7. Oleg Shpynov says:

Mark,
    What kind of file did you tried to open?

8. Mark Wilden says:

Oleg, this was a 5MB HTML file. RM 2.0.2 can open it fine.

I’d like to continue to use the latest build. Presuming that the memory setting I changed is preventing RM from opening, is there a way to fix that?

9. Oleg Shpynov says:

Mark, do we have any chance to have a look at this file?

10. Mark Wilden says:

I’ll make you a deal, Oleg – you fix that Ctrl=[ thing in IdeaVim and I’ll send you the file.

Just kidding. :) Just tell me where to send it. Again, I can’t even open the new build so I can’t confirm the behavior.

11. Oleg Shpynov says:

Please upload it to jetbrains ftp: ftp://ftp.intellij.net/.uploads/ and post file name here, this storage is write only outside of Jetbrains.

12. I’m really looking forward to this release. I’ve noticed and reported some of the instabilities of the previous version which I consider expected as there were a lot of changes (lot’s of UI, love it!).

I’m really looking forward to trying out the new features. I’m in great need of the SCSS support and very interesting in the RCov support.

One question, why the change to file name (at least in MacOSX)? It’s no longer called RubyMine but RB instead. Are the next releases also going to be called RB instead of RubyMine?

BTW, I’ve created #rubymine on irc.freenode.org and we are already two, feel free to joint us.

13. Hi Pablo! Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate your participation a lot!
    The filename on Mac OS X is a bug (http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RUBY-6473) and it will be fixed by the release. You can rename the app manually for now.

14. Matthew Platte says:

I just stumbled across the integration with Redmine feature and after a few hiccups it’s working. I’m just one guy working part-time on a personal project and even *I* think it’s a big deal.

I have RM2 – when do I get to pay for another upgrade?

15. Matthew, thanks for the feedback!

RubyMine license is renewed once a year. We normally send an e-mail when the date approaches. If you purchased RubyMine 2, you will most likely get 2.5 free