RubyMine 5.4 is Here and Ready for Rails 4

Hello everyone,

We did it! RubyMine 5.4 is officially available for download.

We share the community’s excitement about the upcoming Rails 4 final release. Cause of that we are ready to share the next lot of features only two months after the release of RubyMine 5. And first of all, we’ve made sure that RubyMine 5.4 supports the newest framework features.

The other key changes in RubyMine 5.4 include:

• Debugging on device is now available for RubyMotion apps.
  • Emmet abbreviations are now supported for faster HTML & CSS coding.
  • CoffeeScript debugger can now be run for non-Rails apps with a help of Node.js.
  • REST Client plugin is now bundled in the IDE.
  • Nailgun support helps you be more efficient with JRuby.

In addition, RubyMine 5.4 brings a number of improvements to the new dark color scheme Darcula; extended support for remote interpreters and Ruby 2.0; and more. Read more about what’s new and download RubyMine 5.4.

Note that RubyMine 5.4 is a free update for everyone who purchased their RubyMine license after April 11, 2012. Learn more about RubyMine 5.4 pricing.

We would like to thank all of you, who have voted for issues, submitted features requests and have been trying RubyMine during the Early Access Program. We always appreciate your feedback!

And as usual, a 30-day trial is available if you want to try RubyMine as your new Ruby on Rails IDE.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to RubyMine 5.4 is Here and Ready for Rails 4

1. Keith Schulze says:

Is debugging on device for RubyMotion apps also available for the IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 Ruby Plugin? Thanks.

• Dennis Ushakov says:

No, currently it’s not available due to the size of LLDB framework used for debugging (it’s more than whole plugin itself). When we resolve packaging problems it will be available.

2. Manfred says:

First Start of RubyMine 5.4 yields:
    createComponent() returns null for: class com.intellij.execution.RunManager

• Awais says:

I am facing the same error when i try top open a project in pycharm 2.7.3. Have u fixed it if yes then pls share how did u do it

• Stefan says:

I got the same error in IDEA 13.0 Build 130.1365. I could not open any project anymore. To solve the problem I removed the “plugin” folder located in ~./.IdeaIC13/config/.

3. Marc Clifton says:

Does this version give me complete control to remap the shortcut keys to my own? (Apologies if this is already available, I’ve not been able to discover where.)

Marc

4. Kevin Neelands says:

I have JetBrains RubyMine 5.0.2 If I download the latest version 5.4 is that already paid for as part of the upgrade program, or am I downloading an evaluation version that I wall have to pay for in a month?

• Henry says:

I think you get upgrades for 1 year after you pay, so if you bought any version of rubymine in the last year, you’re eligible for all the latest.

5. Colin Daly says:

Hi

I’m using RubyMine 5.4 and there is very annoying problem where it doesn’t recognize the “stabby lambda” operator ->
    I checked the settings and the language level is on 1.8 but it is greyed out and so I can’t change it. I’m using version 2.0.0-p353 – installed with rbenv.

Do you know how I can change the language level ?

Cheers
    Colin

6. Colin Daly says:

Ignore my previous question – I solved it by removing the SDK (only in RubyMine) and then re-adding it. When it was re-added, the language level went to 1.9 – solved.

Cheers