PhpStorm 2.0 – Take PHP by Storm!

Hello from JetBrains!

We’re happy to finally announce a long anticipated PhpStorm 2.0 — the intelligent PHP IDE!
It took time to appear but we are very happy with the result and want to heartily thank all the early adopters for their invaluable feedback.

This new release focuses on adding support for the latest standards: PHP 5.3 namespaces and closures, ECMAScript 5 and makes debugging a lot easier with a zero-configuration debugger. It also extends our code analysis capabilities to provide more inspections and quick-fixes for your code, adds command line tool support for Zend_Tool and Symfony.

The key changes include:

• Complete PHP 5.3 support including namespaces and closures
  • Zend Debugger support & zero-configuration debugging in all browsers
  • Command line tool support including completion for Zend_Tool and Symfony
  • Full-fledged editors for SQL queries with editable query results
  • ECMAScript 5 “use strict” support
  • Support for Leaner CSS (LESS) and SASS/SCSS extensions for CSS added
  • Relax NG for XML
  • Added Mercurial support
  • Integration with issue trackers is extended with GitHub, PivotalTracker and RedMine
  • Reworked UI for all supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS and Linux

Read more about what’s new and download PhpStorm 2.0.

Also coming soon: WebStorm 2.0 – a lightweight and smart IDE for JavaScript, HTML and CSS!

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains Team

This blog is permanently closed.

This entry was posted in PhpStorm, Release Announcements and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to PhpStorm 2.0 – Take PHP by Storm!

1. joo says:

Any difference from the latest build?

2. OZ says:

Gratz!
    Best PHP IDE, really.
    Perfect the error prevention system (saves tons of time), smartest autocomplete, smart code refactoring with preview… That’s why I love this IDE :)

3. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@joo sure. about 10 quite important bugfixes.

4. Grant Palin says:

Can an existing PhpStorm license be used for the new software?

5. pirrat says:

Отличная работа, спасибо!

Вопрос по лицензии: у меня персональная лицензия и написано, что апдейты будут работать до 28 мая 2011.
    Я правильно понимаю, что для обновления на следующий мажорный релиз требуется продление лицензии?

Будут ли изменения в ценах на продукт?

И есть ли уже планы на следующие релизы?

6. Rafi says:

Thank you phpStorm team for making the best IDE in the market.

7. William says:

anyone know where the changelog is from the EAP to this?

8. William says:

PS… jetbrains rocks :D <3 phpstorm

9. Jonathan Pidgeon says:

I love this IDE, great update thanks!
    The captcha on this blog is terrible though, I think I went through about 10
    Really really bad

10. Russell says:

If your’re using a keymap based on the visual studio configuration and you upgrade to 2.0, most of your keys will stop working (including basic navigation with arrow keys).

Apparently, a completely unsuable IDE wasn’t an important bugfix.

11. Congratulations to your release!

Thanks for this great IDE, it really rocks! Also thanks for providing a free Open Source License to the TYPO3 project!

Steffen

12. erbione says:

“Also thanks for providing a free Open Source License to the TYPO3 project!”

Wow, I didn’t know about it, how to get that license?

13. wsyb says:

Very nice! but where/when is Zend Framework support ?

14. David Rees says:

What version can we use to view the fixed issues in youtrack? Thanks, d

15. Kostyantyn says:

I’ve updated phpStorm from version 1 to 2 and first thing, that I noticed was that it become slower. When I open my magento current project, that includes several csv files sized 10-20Mb and couple of tar archives, my IDE hangs, however I set memory to 2GB. It is completely unreal to open bulky csv file, however there were no such a problem in version 1. I used to open 35 Mb csv files without any problems with version 1.So, I have to continue to work with version 1, because version 2 hangs after couple minutes of work.

iMac, 2.93 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz. Mac OS 10.6.6.

Hope, you can solve this problem.

16. @Grant Palin & @pirrat:
    License includes 1 year of free upgrades including major ones, starting from the day of license purchase.
    If you have license you can upgade for free to PhpStorm 2.0 and will get all upgrades for free during 1 year.

17. @erbione
    You can obtain open-source license if you fill request-form here:

18. Alexey Gopachenko says:

@Kostyantyn please file a performance problem report to issue tracker so we can work on it together.

19. Ivan says:

Ребят, просто супер!

Но почему .zip-файл с новым релизом не содержит скрипта для запуска в Linux (webide.sh + конфигурационные файлы)? Скопировал из предыдущего EAP и все запустилось

20. Jan says:

My first impression of version 2.0 is really good. It definitely brings some nice additions and the look and feel got a little better, while it’s still very familiar and comfortable. I am looking forward to working even more with PhpStorm 2.0!

21. Artem Nezvigin says:

My favorite IDE to date. I just started the trial and it’s such a huge step up from PDT. Thanks.

22. CJD says:

I’ve tried the 2.0 trial but am having problems. Excluding the initial execution, every time I’ve started PhpStorm it’s told me that ‘access is denied’ for my own projects and it can’t save the files, .e.g

Could not save project:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:xampphtdocsexperiments.ideaworkspace.xml (Access is denied)

23. Steven says:

CJD, I also get this access is denied message.

“Error saving system information {PATH} (Access is Denied)”

{PATH} = w/e the patch is but its for file “.WebIde10systemstatunit.680″

24. Tony says:

I also get “Access Denied” PHPStorm Java exceptions when I try to save a project. I am using latest PHPStorm 2.1.1 on Windows 7. I have Apache installed into the default directory, and HTDOCS is the default directory also. It seems that maybe Windows 7 “User Control” is somehow preventing PHPStorm from doing anything useful with the HTDOCS directory. How do I give PHPStorm permission to use this directory – I would have thought the installer would deal with that? I’ve looked online using Google and amazingly can’t seen obvious signs of others having this problem, apart from the comments in this blog. Is the answer simply to switch off Windows User Control (seems a bit overkill), or is this some other kind of permissions issue?

By the way, up until now I’ve been doing command line PHP program development with PHPStorm and love the IDE. It’s just that now that I’ve moved to a web app I’ve run into problems. One other thing, the getting started tutorial showing how to create your first PHPStorm uses HTDOCS on a local server, and doesn’t mention anything about permissions, or what to do if you start getting exceptions and can’t create your project.

Thanks

25. Tony says:

Just to follow up on my previous comment: here’s a work around. I created a new HTDOCS folder (c:\htdocs). You then need to edit httpd.conf accordingly. Note there are two locations where you need to change your HTDOCS directory name – I missed the second one first time around, which leads to ‘access denied’ errors (but this time they are nothing to do with PHPStorm). You then need to restart Apache. After this PHPStorm is quite happy to work with your new HTDOCS directory as per the tutorials. My little web based RSS feed reader is up and running already. Loving PHPStorm!

Comments are closed.