PhpStorm 6.0 released: composer, code (re)arranger, new refactorings, REST Client, Darcula & more
With this release, we invite all PHP developers to redefine their productivity and adopt the best technologies available today to quickly produce neat and well-tested code.
The key features of PhpStorm 6 include:
- Composer dependency manager for PHP support
- Code (re)arranger – control the structure of your existing and generated code
- New refactorings: Change Signature, Pull Up/Push Down class members, and Move Class
- Smarter namespace handling – Auto-import, Optimize Imports and more
- Fully customisable templates, including PHPDoc
- More code inspections, smarter code completion, and better runtime error prevention
- New database schema editor and change tracking tools
PhpStorm 6 also provides a brand new web toolkit:
- Built-in REST Client to test RESTful web services right from the IDE
- File Watchers – for easy Sass, LESS, SCSS, CoffeeScript, TypeScript transpilation
- Full-featured debugging of TypeScript, Dart or CoffeeScript with source maps
- Refined handling of JS libraries, including minified versions detection
- Re-worked HTML structure view with support for HTML5
- Emmet abbreviations support for faster HTML & CSS coding
And last but not least, PhpStorm 6 features a fresh IDE look and feel, Retina-ready icons, and Darcula, a new native dark UI theme for the IDE and the editor.
This version also includes an open API exposing our PHP support to 3rd party plugins. We are already seeing powerful plugins that provide sophisticated features for various popular frameworks emerging and encouraging our community to create the best experience together. Stay tuned for more information on this in the next weeks.
PhpStorm 6.0 is a free update for you if you purchased your license after Mar 12, 2012.
Develop smarter, not harder, with PhpStorm 6!
– JetBrains PhpStorm Team
JetBrains PhpStorm and JetBrains WebStorm have their own separate resources. This WebIDE Blog is Closed
For quite a while we have been sharing this blog and other resources for both PhpStorm and WebStorm IDEs. We came to the conclusion it’s time to let these products have their own separate resources. From now on, please follow the new PhpStorm Blog and/or WebStorm Blog to get the most relevant information for the product you use.
WebStorm 6.0.1 is available
We'd like to announce the availability of the first bugfix update of WebStorm 6.0, version 6.0.1. The new release includes a fairly small number of Web-specific bugfixes, which are detailed in the release notes. The build is available for download and for patch-based upgrade if you're currently runn…
WebStorm 6.0 released: adds TypeScript, debugging with source maps, fresh UI and much more
PhpStorm 6 Public Preview
PhpStorm 6 release is just around the corner! Today we’re publishing a PhpStorm 6 Public Preview build 127.67 with a set of latest fixes. Those who already use our EAP builds - please download the latest build and be sure to report all the bugs in the issue tracker to be sure we are working on…