WebStorm 6.0 released: adds TypeScript, debugging with source maps, fresh UI and much more
First, WebStorm allows for smarter and more streamlined web development with modern languages such as TypeScript, CoffeeScript and Dart. In addition to providing a first-class code editor for these languages, WebStorm 6 offers:
- Automatic compilation/transpilation of these higher-level languages into those recognized by browsers on all supported platforms.
- Full-featured debugging of TypeScript, Dart or CoffeeScript with source maps.
And third, new IDE look and feel, and Darcula, a new native dark UI theme for the IDE and the editor are finally available for WebStorm users.
Other noteworthy features include:
- Live Edit, introduced in the previous release, now brings improved usability and support for HTML5 live editing.
- Improved HTML and CSS, Sass and Less coding, with a re-designed HTML structure view and support for even faster coding using Emmet snippets in the editor.
- Built-in HTTP server and REST Client.
WebStorm 6.0 is a free update for everyone who purchased their license after Mar 6, 2012
JetBrains PhpStorm and JetBrains WebStorm have their own separate resources. This WebIDE Blog is Closed
For quite a while we have been sharing this blog and other resources for both PhpStorm and WebStorm IDEs. We came to the conclusion it’s time to let these products have their own separate resources. From now on, please follow the new PhpStorm Blog and/or WebStorm Blog to get the most relevant information for the product you use.
WebStorm 6.0.1 is available
We'd like to announce the availability of the first bugfix update of WebStorm 6.0, version 6.0.1. The new release includes a fairly small number of Web-specific bugfixes, which are detailed in the release notes. The build is available for download and for patch-based upgrade if you're currently runn…
Drag & Drop Project Files to Remote Hosts in PhpStorm
The Remote Host pane allows us to work directly on a remote server through FTP, FTPS, SFTP or a local/network folder. A lot of people asked us to add drag & drop to the Remote Host pane in PhpStorm. Good news: PhpStorm 6 comes with drag & drop as well as copy & paste support from the pro…