Attention, Startups: Get JetBrains Tools at 50% OFF!

Starting a software business? Looking for professional tools to keep it going? We have a special offer for you. Sign up for JetBrains Startup Discount Plan and get a 50% discount on all of our products.

JetBrains Startup Discount Plan

Today JetBrains is a company with 400+ people working in 8 offices worldwide.¬†We remember our beginnings back in 2000 as a small startup with a great idea and filled with passion (not that we’ve lost it since!). We still remember what it’s like to be young and ambitious, which is why we have decided to support like-minded startups that are ready to take on the world.

If you are a small team with fewer than 10 people, working on a software product and your company hasn’t yet celebrated its 3rd birthday, you can apply for the¬†JetBrains Startup Discount. The 50% discount is valid for any JetBrains product, including the ever-popular IntelliJ IDEA and ReSharper.

For example; if you’re a five-developer team engaged in Ruby & Rails development, you can get:

• 5 IDE (RubyMine) licenses for all your developers at $199 * 5 / 2 = $497.50;
  • TeamCity Professional Edition continuous integration and build management system for free;
  • YouTrack issue tracking and agile project management system for 10 users for free as well.

Sound interesting?

Get off on the right foot with JetBrains Startup Discount Plan today.

This entry was posted in News, Partners and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Attention, Startups: Get JetBrains Tools at 50% OFF!

1. Alex Pineda says:

May we offer this to participants (most likely unregistered companies) of the Startup Weekend event?

2. Dragos says:

Is there any special offer for freelancers? :) or only for Start-up companies ?

• Robert Demmer says:

@Dragos, This is only for Startups but we also offer license to open source contributors if you are involved in an approved project. Additionally, you can try writing to sales [at] jetbrains [dot] com and explaining your situation.

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

It’s also worth noting that commercial licenses to JetBrains tools (for companies) are usually 1.5 to 2 times more expensive than personal licenses. What this startup offer actually does is lower the price tag for commercial licenses to make them roughly as accessible to startup companies as they are to individual developers.
      As freelancers are not companies but individual developers, they are free to purchase personal licenses.

• Bart Wydaeghe says:

Well, in my experience most freelancers do have a “personal” company. I.e. they are the only employee and their “personal” company just helps them to deal with VAT and taxes. Do they still apply for personal licenses?

• Robert Demmer says:

Licensing questions are best handled by our sales team. You can write them at sales@jetbrains.com.

• Andreas Tasoulas says:

Well, when I purchased IntelliJ IDEA I was just an employee, so I must have got it as a personal license. Now, I have my own personal company, but still if I would buy that product now, it wouldn’t matter (I think) if I bought it with a personal license, since technically I would be the only person using it (and personal licenses are sold anyway for the product). For a company buying a bunch of licenses it would make sense to buy a company license.

• Aaron says:

Commercial license is paid out of company funds.
          Personal license is paid from personal funds (and not expensed).

3. Danish Siddiqui says:

The intention of your program was good but it’s being abused by your sales staff.

I had my eligibility rejected because my company does not have a web presence yet. It is a little bit ridiculous because the whole point of using WebStorm was to develop a website for my company. Of course, I provided proper incorporation documents… if the sales staff argument was that it’s a “fake” business then it makes no sense for someone to register a “fake” business (i.e. spend $400 on incorporating it) just to apply for a WebStorm discount :)

Anyway hope this provided some insight from the target audience of your discount promotion.