AppCode 2.1 is here!

Hooray! AppCode 2.1 is finally officially available. We’ve spent all this time making it faster and more stable – we want you to feel comfortable in your IDE, be productive and know that you can rely on your tools of choice.
There were multiple improvements and 100 fixes in different areas, but one of the noticeable once is background indexing and indexing optimization. We’ve also polished code generation options and refactorings, and even added a new feature – warnings suppression (see detailed description in EAP blog post).

So, give it a try – use ‘Check for Updates…’ in AppCode’s menu or download the build directly and enjoy the most intelligent Objective-C IDE!
Note, that if you own an AppCode license, 2.1 is a free update for you!

Yours truly,
The AppCode Team

This entry was posted in Announcement. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to AppCode 2.1 is here!

1. Leonardo B. Morelli says:

AppCode tries to download the patch with URL http://download-ln.jetbrains.com/idea/OC-129.365-129.772-patch-mac.jar, which doesn’t exist. I think it means to get http://download-ln.jetbrains.com/objc/OC-129.365-129.772-patch-mac.jar, which does. The first seems to be the path for an IDEA patch.

2. Lee says:

This release rocks. Very sold, no LLDB debugging issues seen so far on device and simulator. Great job I can finally move back to appcode full time.

3. Bounce says:

Always loved AppCode, but unfortunately this release broke for me. I can no longer compile my current project even though it all works fine in XCode 4.6.3. The error i get is :
    security: unable to open “/Users/anj/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ZZZZ-arlaruvaqtybbigfmajrswmvsbyv/Build/Products/Release-iphoneos/ZZZZ.app/embedded.mobileprovision” for reading: No such file or directory

This happens with any configuration I choose. I cleaned build folders as well but nothing helps. Had to revert to XCode for now.

• Anton Makeev says:

Could you please file a bug report in the tracker and attach your build log (Messages tool window, Show Build Log button) and a screenshot of the error message?
      We’ll investigate.

4. Koleman Nix says:

Just got AppCode to do some basic c++ development. Created a c++ command line tool project, and started coding. Now, every time i launch AppCode, it guzzles 6GB of memory instantly and tells me that it has run out of memory. The application is unusable. Is this a known issue?

• Anton Makeev says:

Nope, this is something unusual.
      How can you tell that AppCode uses 6GB? In the default setup it is restricted by 1,5GB.
      Anyway, please file a bug report in the tracker, we’ll investigate.

• Koleman Nix says:

Anton, thanks for your reply. The issue has strangely disappeared and I am unable to reproduce it.

Yes, I was increasing the default memory when gave me the error, and no matter how large I set it, it was filling up instantly upon restarting the application.

To answer your other question, I was monitoring the memory usage via a “top” command in a command line.

All I can really tell you is that I had just created a c++ class with a header and implementation file and was starting to write methods. I deleted that project and started over, and have not had any problems since – strange memory leaks aside, the application is by far the best c++ development environment I’ve ever used. Thanks1

5. Lee says:

Does this support iOS7 now? I’ve installed XCode5 DP5 but AppCode is still trying to build the product with iOS6 and I can’t select iOS7

• Anton Makeev says:

Yes, but you need to switch system-default Xcode to Xcode5 DP5 using ‘xcode-select’ tool. See AppCode | Preferences | Xcode for more info.