Spring Came with RubyMine 4.0.2

Hello everyone,

Do you feel the spirit of spring and holidays? Here in Russia we have the sun shining and men wishing a happy Women’s Day on the occasion of March 8. In those days you want to make life a little bit better. And we hopefully do with a new RubyMine bugfix update.

So, today we’ve made RubyMine 4.0.2 release available for you. Several nasty issues reported by you were fixed. See the full list of fixes and download RubyMine 4.0.2 to give it a try. Please note, that upgrade is not available and full installation is needed for this version.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

This entry was posted in Announcement. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Spring Came with RubyMine 4.0.2

1. AW says:

Just thought you guys should know, RubyMine 4 works excellently under OpenJDK 7. 6 had some awful performance issues, but 7 is as good as Sun 1.6 or even a little better.

There’s only one (minor) problem: the RubyMine menus render with the “disabled” look even if those menus are enabled. I always set the RubyMine theme to “Nimbus” though because the GTK theme never fit in well with Ubuntu’s defaults anyway.

2. mrp says:

I am trying 4.0.2 and problem from 4.0.0 with Debugger still occurs. Step Over goes deeper. My debug gems are:
    ruby-debug-base (0.10.3.4 java)
    ruby-debug-ide (0.4.17.beta8)
    Using JRuby 1.6.7 on Ubuntu 64bit, Oracle Java 7.
    Moreover “Frames” view only shows currently debugged line, but with CRuby I get full stack. Is it some JRuby limitation?

• Dennis Ushakov says:

Could you please run gem install ruby-debug-base –pre and see if the problem persists?

• mrp says:

Thanks for your suggestion, Step Over works little better with pre version. But I have better news.
        In Run/Debug Configuration of “Development: myproject” I did prepend --debug to “Ruby arguments” and voila! No issues with stepping, no issues with frames as stack is full now and all this with previous stable ruby-debug-* gems.
        Shouldn’t be that added by default by Debug runner?
        Adding the option to arguments works both in “Run” and “Debug” but for now the option doesn’t affect “Run” mode too much.

• RyanonRails says:

I can confirm that mrp is correct.
          Change your Ruby Arguments to (no space before –debug):
          -e $stdout.sync=true;$stderr.sync=true;load($0=ARGV.shift)–debug

Thanks for posting mrp, helped me out. I’m using the stable ruby debug also.

• Dennis Ushakov says:

Thank you for reporting this guys, we’ve fixed this problem and it will be available in the next bugfix update

• Ah, very good hint. For me this works too, but only if I put the “–debug” in front of the Ruby Arguments line. It doesn’t work if I put it without a space after the “….shift)”

• RyanonRails says:

For whatever reason this blog takes — and converts it into a single long dash.

it’s “dash dash debug” IE:
            -e $stdout.sync=true;$stderr.sync=true;load($0=ARGV.shift)dashdashdebug

Hopefully that makes sense.

3. Jeff Deville says:

Emergency! Please, is there a way to download 4.0.1? 4.0.2 locks my cpu to the point of being unusable.

4. Dennis Schubert says:

Hi,

I’ve downloaded RubyMine 4.0.2 for Linux. When I check for updates, it tells me I am on 4.0 (Build 113.80) and there is an update to 4.0.2 available. I am trapped in an endless loop!

5. ylluminate says:

Anyone using Mac OS X or Linux, could really use some help voting this up here: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-83352

This is a feature that would really be quite nice; and to be honest, would even be useful for Linux / Unix users.