Today the new versions of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins for IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 have been released and are available for download. In case if you have the plugins already installed just press Update Plugin. From now the build process of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins is common, so Play 2.0 plugin has the same build number.
Please note that if you are running IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP you should use 0.21.45 (or higher) version of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins. This plugin will be available to use with upcoming EAP (32.106 or bigger)
The new features in the release include:
- Convert Scala to Java collection (contribution by jozic)
- Global completion for type aliases
- Completion based on runtime time in debugger evaluate expression
- Generate companion object action
- Generate equals/hashCode (available for IDEA 13 only)
- Fixes in parallel compilation of independent modules.
- Better “show type on mouse” action. No blue highlighting, configurable delay.
- SCL-6018 Inplace rename does not work for declarations and definitions
- SCL-5970 Function rename doesn’t rename overriden methods
- Evaluate expression in debugger for interpolated strings
- Fixes in Introduce Variable
- SCL-5592 Better path dependent types resolve in case of selector set imports, probably with renames
- SCL-5938 Evaluate expression in anonymous functions and for loops
- Fixed resolve precedence between package local classes and imported classes
- Fixed some red code issues in projects, which use Spray library
- Bugfixes in Play 2.0 plugin including better parser and analyzer
Here you can see, that plugin version for IDEA 13 and IDEA 12 are slightly different. Next October release will be remain almost synchronous, however after that development will be moved for IDEA 13 and almost everything will be in releases for IDEA 13 only.