Scala and Play 2.0 Plugins 0.16.293 Update is Available
Today the new versions of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins for IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 have been released and are available for download. In case if you have the plugins already installed just press Update Plugin. From now the build process of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins is common, so Play 2.0 plugin has the same build number.
Please note that if you are running IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP you should use 0.18.28 (or higher) version of Scala and Play 2.0 plugins.
The new features in the release include:
- Introduce field refactoring
- Display type on mouse hover action (available from settings)
- Convert Java collection to Scala collection intention (jozic contribution)
- SCL-5889 Fixes in breakpoint placement
- SCL-5858 Fixed deadlock
- SCL-4784 Improved unused import detection
- Fixes in Debugger evaluate expression including evaluation of references to values defined in patterns.
- Various Inplace Introduce Variable fixes
- Implemented Java/Scala collection detection in Play project
- Lots of stability improvements in Play plugin
IntelliJ Scala Plugin 2023.3 Is Out!
Scala 3 As usual, the new release focused much on improving the Scala 3 support. Especially enums received much attention. The Scala plugin now recognizes that enums cannot be extended and highlights such attempts; annotations and modifiers are now propagated correctly to generated symbols; type…
IntelliJScala @ Scala Days 2023 Madrid
On September 12 – 14, the Scala Plugin team was in Madrid for the Scala Days conference. JetBrains was a Gold Sponsor for the event and we are very proud of it. We came to Madrid with a booth, merchandise, and a talk about the IntelliJ Scala Plugin. The Scala Plugin has seen a lot of improvements…
IntelliJ Scala Plugin 2023.2 Is Out!
Better Scala 3 Support IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 brings enhanced Scala 3 support, with a focus on providing a streamlined development experience. Notable improvements include fixes for Scala 3 enum highlighting, navigation to enum definitions, and the correct resolution of enum cases in various contex…
IntelliJ Scala Plugin 2023.1 Is Out!
Improved support for braceless Scala syntax IntelliJ IDEA can now desugar braceless Scala code properly, and it handles refactorings where the “fewer braces” feature is used. It also supports braceless syntax in worksheets and correctly interprets indentation when you move extensions methods up a…