JetBrains Academy: New Projects and Topics in June
It’s the middle of the summer already, and we hope you won’t forget to take a well-deserved break to fully enjoy it! One great way to get into the summer spirit is to pick up a new project or topic, as we are always striving to make our content not only useful, but interesting and fun.
This June we added 27 new topics and 4 projects to JetBrains Academy! Even better, one of these projects is our very first Go project – Coffee Machine (Beta)! It’s still in the early stage of testing. As with the other projects marked as Beta, we’d appreciate your feedback on it, as this will help us improve and publically release it sooner. Read on to learn more about all other content updates.
New projects: Calculator (Beta)
- Reducing boilerplate code with Lombok (Java > Code organization > Code style)
- Debugging techniques (Java > Errorless code > Debugging)
- Getting started with Spring Security (Computer science > Backend > Spring Boot > Spring Security)
- Application layers (Computer science > Backend > Spring Boot > The structure of Spring applications)
- Introduction to Spring Web MVC (Computer science > Backend > Spring Boot > Web)
- POST vs. PUT requests (Computer science > Backend > Spring Boot > Web)
- Using FreeMarker with Spring Boot (Computer science > Backend > Spring Boot > Web)
New project: Fraud Detection (Beta)
- Virtual environment (Python > Additional instruments > Coding environments)
- How to choose a collection to use (Python > Working with data > Collections)
- Simple linear regression (Computer science > Data science > Machine learning > Regression)
- Coroutine builders: overview (Kotlin > Additional Instruments > Concurrency)
- Suspending functions (Kotlin > Additional Instruments > Concurrency)
- Debugging techniques (Kotlin > Additional Instruments > Debugging)
- Recursion (Kotlin > Control Flow > Functions)
Kotlin Developer: Android
- Child Fragments and ViewPager2 with Fragments (Android)
- Graphics overview. Implementing a Drawable (Android > User Interface > Drawables)
New project: Case Converter (Beta)
- Databases and SQL: Relational data model, JSON data type
- Dev tools: Getting data from the net (curl, wget, Working with file modes and permissions
- Essentials: File modes and permissions, Functions, Web development, Compilers and interpreters, IP
- Partial derivatives (Math > Calculus > Multivariable calculus)
- Local extrema (Math > Discrete math > Functions and their properties)
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: September Update
The latest content update, featuring four new projects and more than 90 new topics to learn.
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: August Update
Register For the School on the Practice and Theory of Distributed Computing
Join us for four days of hands-on computer science education with industry experts in a sunny paradise.