JetBrains Releases ReSharper 2.5
Popular Visual Studio Add-in delivers faster performance, enhanced navigation and new code analysis
December 11, 2006
Prague, Czech Republic, December 11, 2006 — JetBrains, creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing applications, today announced the release of version 2.5 of ReSharper, the company’s award-winning intelligent productivity add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio. This release features significant performance improvements, new and enhanced navigation features, and extends some ReSharper features to the Visual Basic programming language.
“With this release we continue toward our goal of making ReSharper the most intelligent and productivity-boosting Visual Studio add-in,” said Valentin Kipiatkov, JetBrains’ Chief Technology Officer. “We concentrated mainly on the improvements our customers have asked for most, but there is some new functionality as well which should prove useful to most users.”
Significant improvements and new features in ReSharper 2.5 include:
- Enhanced performance in all areas for faster installation, startup, typing, code formatting, error highlighting, and more.
- New “Navigate From Here” feature provides a single keystroke for quick access to all navigation actions from the current editor caret position.
- New “Value Analysis” is a new on-the-fly error analysis which automatically detects when you access a variable that may possibly be null, immediately warning you about it.
- New “Context Actions” page in the Options dialog enables users to disable and enable Context Actions as necessary
- New “Go To File Member” navigation action enables quick navigation to symbols declared in the current file.
- Improved “Find Results” view adds new functionality, including code auto-preview, filters, new Group By usage categories, and more.
ReSharper 2.5 also extends several existing features to Visual Basic, including:
- All quick navigation and search features
- Matching brace highlighting
- Expand selection keystrokes keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+W)
- Quick Documentation Lookup keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Q)
- Parameter info
- Identifier highlighting
- Warning if usages need to be updated after a user-coded refactoring
Additional support for Visual Basic is planned for future ReSharper releases.
Complete product information about JetBrains ReSharper is available at www.jetbrains.com/resharper.
ReSharper 2.5 is available for download at www.jetbrains.com/resharper/download/. A free 30-day evaluation license is available at this same URL.
Version 2.5 is a free upgrade to currently licensed users of all earlier ReSharper versions.
New customers can purchased ReSharper 2.5 online at www.jetbrains.com/resharper/buy/. Licenses are priced at $249 (US) each. A special offer is available now through January 11, 2007, for individuals to purchase their own ReSharper 2.5 license for just $99 (US).
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java integrated development environment, IntelliJTM IDEA (see details on the Web at https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/), ReSharper and dotTrace Profiler for C# developers (see https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/ and https://www.jetbrains.com/profiler), and TeamCity collaboration environment for development teams (www.jetbrains.com/teamcity). JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, see https://www.jetbrains.com.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ and IntelliJ IDEA, TeamCity, dotTrace and ReSharper are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!