PhpStorm 3.0: Keep Your Code in Its Best Shape!
UML to rule the structure of your code, Smart Duplicated Code Detector to keep code DRY, and a Profiler to get it running faster than ever — everything you need to create elegant and powerful PHP applications.
November 29, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic, November 29, 2011 — JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the general availability of PhpStorm 3.0, an intelligent code-centric PHP IDE.
Already known for its uniquely intelligent code editor, PhpStorm takes a big step forward in helping keep your code clean, well-structured and efficient.
- This major release introduces the Smart Duplicated Code Detector to help you quickly find similar blocks through your entire code base and securely get rid of them without losing the intended functionality.
- A new integrated UML tool allows you to quickly get a bird’s-eye view of your project structure, or even a semantic view of the changes in the recent VCS commits made by your colleagues.
- To ensure that your code works fast and doesn’t cause any performance bottlenecks, the IDE now integrates with profilers (xDebug/Zend), and includes a new PHPUnit test runner and JSTestDriver.
“Here at JetBrains we really care about productivity, and the cornerstone of productivity is the quality of your code,” says Alexey Gopachenko, PhpStorm project lead. “Every developer constantly faces the challenge of keeping their code clear, fast and error-free. PhpStorm 3.0 takes over this challenge to help you concentrate on your big ideas, instead of getting bogged down in the routine details.”
The release also includes support for popular and dynamically evolving technologies such as CoffeeScript and XSLT 2.0, along with an integrated XSLT debugger.
New dotCover features include:
- The key new functionality in PhpStorm 3.0 includes:
- Smart Duplicated Code Detector
- PHP UML roundtrip diagrams
- Profiling results browser for Xdebug and Zend Debugger engines
- PhpUnit 3.6 integration
- CoffeeScript support
- Significant improvements to FTP/SFTP Sync
- TFS support and revision graph for Git
- Streamlined UI across all operating systems
To try JetBrains PhpStorm 3.0 today, download its free 30-day evaluation that works out of the box at https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/.
Personal and commercial licenses are available, both affordably priced. Each license includes free PhpStorm updates for 1 year after the purchase date, covering major new releases. See https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/buy.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, PhpStorm, WebStorm, RubyMine and PyCharm are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Ready For an Update? The 2023.3 Versions of JetBrains Coding Tools Are Out!
The last release of the year brings a plethora of new features to empower you with an even more exceptional developer experience. You can find the summaries of JetBrains desktop tool updates below and dive deeper for a more detailed look. Introducing JetBrains AI Besides yourself, who knows yo…
Introducing JetBrains AI and the In-IDE AI Assistant
With the rise of generative AI and large language models (LLMs) this year, the landscape of not just the development industry but the creative industry as a whole has begun a transformation. Using this new technology to augment JetBrains tools was a no-brainer for us, and we see it as a logical n…
AI Assistant Update – October 2023
This summer we announced a new AI Assistant for IntelliJ-based IDEs which integrates the power of large language models into the daily workflows of developers. Since then, we’ve expanded the list of supported use cases and enhanced existing features. The AI Assistant is still in the technical pre…
AI Assistant Update – August 2023
AI Assistant is a major new feature of the JetBrains IDE family in the 2023.2 release, offering integration of large language models into the IDE development workflow. The AI Assistant plugin is not bundled with the IDEs and needs to be installed separately from JetBrains Marketplace. One of the pri…