CLion 2016.2.1 EAP

Anastasia Kazakova

Today we are starting an Early Access Preview for CLion 2016.2.1, a bug-fix update to the recently released major CLion update. Build 162.1531.1 is now available.

This EAP includes a list of important fixes. See some highlights below.

Language support

There are a lot of fixes for false positive issues that couldn’t make its way to 2016.2, but are ready for 2016.2.1 EAP:

• return a += b; statement was reported as unused, thus incorrect quick-fix was suggested.
  • Incorrect unreachable code warning in some try..catch cases (CPP-806).
  • Incorrect assigned but never used warning for references not used directly (CPP-3824).
  • Incorrect condition is always false warning in case of const field initialization (CPP-4289).
  • Incorrect duplicate definition in case of templates usage (CPP-6625).
  • Parser error which leads to an error with boost::none (CPP-4718).

Fixes for Project View

An error with multiple selection that was appearing in Project View after some file was deleted caused many unpleasant consequences and strange behaviour patterns (CPP-3748). We’ve fixed it now.

CMake

CMake 3.6 was bundled into this build.

Several exceptions and a regression with the project name disappeared from CLion’s welcome screen (CPP-7245) were also addressed in this build. Full release notes are available by the link.

You can download the build here and install side by side with the stable version of CLion. Please, note that this EAP build requires an active subscription (or you can start a 30-day evaluation period).

Your CLion Team

JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

8 Responses to CLion 2016.2.1 EAP

1. Olof says:

July 27, 2016

Nice!

I always upgrade to the latest EAP if I see a lot of CPP Code: bug fixes in the hopes that it fixes some of my red code even if it wouldn’t be obvious from the description.

Keep up the good work!

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

July 27, 2016

Thanks!

2. Olof says:

July 27, 2016

I don’t know if this is a regression or if I’m just doing something right now that causes it to happen but I’ve been getting a few command timed out while debugging. I’m using this EAP.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

July 27, 2016

Could you please collect the logs as described here: https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/en-us/articles/206560589-Debugger-doesn-t-stop-on-a-breakpoint-Debugger-shows-Command-timed-out-What-to-do- and share with us via support or tracker?

• Olof says:

July 28, 2016

It didn’t happen again and I’m done with the debugging I was doing.

My special case was pretty corner case though. I think it might have been related to me debugging the destruction of objects declared at the global scope. So the debugging was taking place after the last curly brace in the main function, if you will. There might possibly have been a problem with exceptions thrown in destructors, possibly while already unwinding because of an exception. I’m just speculating but that was the problem space I was in.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

July 29, 2016

Ok, thanks for the details.

3. Europe Liberator says:

July 29, 2016

Please provide integration with gdb core files analysis