We are glad to announce the start of Early Access Preview for CLion 2017.1.1, a bug-fix update to the recently released major CLion update. Build 171.4073.32 is now available.
You can download the build and install it side by side with the stable version of CLion. Please, note that this EAP build requires an active subscription (or you can start a 30-day evaluation period).
This build addresses the following issues:
- Fonts were poorly rendered on Linux (check the full JRE release notes)
- Lots of fixes for the false-positives, like for example:
- Override specifier in local class was highlighted as syntax error
- Local class type was not resolved properly inside member functions
- Several issues with Catch, including the the problem with running tests via the context menu, if the caret is located inside
Some of our users experienced a crash after update caused by a conflicting Python plugin installed. First of all, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience and confirm that we are working on a solution to prevent such problems in the future. Also, please, make sure that “Python Community Edition” plugin (from the repository) is not installed for you and remove it if it’s still the case.
If you can’t start an IDE to remove it, remove the following folders:
- For Linux:
- For Windows:
- For macOS:
Correct Python support plugin for CLion is called “PyCharm Community Edition for CLion” and it goes bundled with CLion.
Full release notes are available by the link.
By the way, if you are interested in our plans for 2017.2 check this blog post.
Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop