CLion 2017.3 Release Candidate 2

Anastasia Kazakova

Hi,

Welcome the 2nd release candidate (build 173.3727.83) for CLion 2017.3! We’re getting really close to the release day and we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Please note that to use CLion 2017.3 RC2 you need to have an active subscription (or start a 30-day evaluation period).

Download CLion 2017.2 RC2

The build addressed several issues with code analysis when the Eigen library is used and polishes the UI in the Valgrind tab. Release notes are available by the link.

Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

19 Responses to CLion 2017.3 Release Candidate 2

1. Tano says:

November 22, 2017

Question: why some releases cannot be updated automatically and they have to be downloaded and then copied over the old one?
    Thanks

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

November 23, 2017

RC2 doesn’t have a patch update from EAP, as it’s a build on license, most likely a release one, with a different application name, etc. In general, we always try to provide patches between 1) latest updates of one version and new release 2) consequence updates to one version 3) consequence EAP builds. Hope this explains the scheme

• Tano says:

November 23, 2017

I was upgrading from 2017.2 and I thought it was upgradable automatically, without manually copy-paste.
        In my opinion any upgrade must be done automatically because it’s not a major version increase (2017 to 2018).

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

November 23, 2017

There will be an update from 2017.2 to 2017.3 when the version is released. But RC2 doesn’t have such option.

BTW, there is no such thing like major version increase. 2017 -> 2018 is just switching the year where the version is released. You can consider all 2017.x/2018.y versions as major.

• Tano says:

November 24, 2017

Oh, I understand now, i thought that 2017 and 2018 were major versions, like VisualStudio or gaming industry do (Fifa 2018 is major version). thanks for the explanations

• Eldar Abusalimov says:

November 23, 2017

You should give https://www.jetbrains.com/toolbox/app/ a try, it helps a lot managing different versions and updating JetBrains IDEs.

• Tano says:

November 24, 2017

Thanks, I tried it but it has 2 problems.
            1. It reccomends to install CLion 2.3, and I am using latest EAP.
            2. I cannot change the proxy, I press the button “Change proxy settings” and nothing happens.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

November 24, 2017

Toolbox shows latest stable version (which is 2017.2.3) and 2017.3 RC2. You can see the list if you click on the instal dropdown near the product.
              Regarding the second problem, which platform/version are you at? (maybe some logs could be helpful, see this https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/ALL-1594)

• Tano says:

November 27, 2017

Anastasia, yes, this bug happens only on my PC.
            I use Linux (Xubuntu 16.04)
            Sorry but I don’t see many uses for me regarding Toolbox app for me, I am using only CLion and always latest version(even EAP).

2. Tano says:

November 23, 2017

I found a problem already in this RC, in Help-About it shows that my subscription is valid until 2018, but I just renewed to 2019, in my JetBrains account page it shows correctly 2019.

• Tano says:

November 23, 2017

Ignore this, I just had to renew my offline key. 🙂

3. Tano says:

November 27, 2017

A question not related to this RC (I don’t know where to ask it): I have one file with a “v mark” in front of its name, what the “v mark” means?
    https://imgur.com/a/aWD4a (I marked it with red)

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

November 27, 2017

Seems you’ve occasionally bookmarked the file (F3 on file). Go to favourites view and remove the bookmark there.

4. Alok says:

November 27, 2017

Since 2017.3 EAP started, I am unable to expand the text box used for providing the CMake options nor am I able to do this for the text box used for providing the program arguments for any run/debug configuration

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

November 28, 2017

Have you tried clicking on the arrows on the right of the field?
      Which platform are you at?

• Tano says:

November 28, 2017

Great, thanks.
        CLion has so many hidden features, perhaps a small Q&A area in the blog would be great. I tried several times on the community, but no one answers there.

5. Michael says:

November 29, 2017

Will the bundled CMake version be updated to the latest 3.9.6 release for the final release? When compiling with the MingGW toolchain the CMake Issue #17436 (https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/17436) that has been fixed with that release caused curious issues and crashes after I built one of our software products using the CLion 2017.3 RC2 with the bundled CMake 3.9.4 version. I can imagine that this issue will pop up for other developers as well quite frequently and cause some headaches otherwise.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

November 29, 2017

It won’t (3.9.4 for now), but you can install it manually and point CLion to it in Build, Execution, Deployment | Toolchains settings. Probably, we’ll update in 2017.3.x