CLion 2019.3.1 Critical Bug-fix Update

Last week we released CLion 2019.3. Unfortunately, it was affected by several unpleasant issues. We’ve investigated all the reports from our users and promptly addressed the discovered problems.

CLion 2019.3.1 (build 193.5233.144) is now available for download from our website, via the Toolbox App, or via snap (for Ubuntu). A patch update will be available shortly.

DOWNLOAD CLION

This update contains the following fixes:

• Language engine:
    • A problem with randomly occurring red code and an incorrect suggestion to import user classes from the std namespace turned out to be an issue with the missing include file (CPP-18270 and the related CPP-18246, CPP-18247CPP-18280).
    • Completion of standard library symbols in the global namespace is now working correctly in Clangd (CPP-18249).
    • Various fixes preventing the Clangd-based engine from crashing were introduced.
  • Remote development:
    • A mechanism of synchronizing headers in background was recently enabled by default, and it turned out to cause massive delays on loading CMake projects in many cases (e.g. CPP-18277). We’ve reverted it for now until we can come up with a better solution.

Our team appreciates all the valuable feedback the community provided after the release and sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused.

Your CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

25 Responses to CLion 2019.3.1 Critical Bug-fix Update

1. Matt Hurd says:

December 7, 2019

Good news is that clangd crashes are less frequent. Not so good news is that some parsing and erroneous error reporting continues (ranges v3 & macros). –Matt See https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/CPP-18240 updated with a newer screenshot.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

December 8, 2019

Thanks, we’ll investigate it further.

• Andrew Smith says:

December 15, 2019

I am also hitting this (as I use rangev3). Any file using rangev3 has red everywhere (even on symbols unrelated to rangev3).

2. Nejc Zdovc says:

December 10, 2019

Switcher is still broken. If you press ctr + tab on macos to open swithcer it will jump to third item and not a second one as it show. Because of that it’s impossible to quickly switch between current and previous file

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

December 10, 2019

Hm, not reproducible for me on macOS with 2019.3.1.
      Do you know the related issue? Or maybe you can submit a new one?

• Nejc Zdovc says:

December 10, 2019

I have this problem on macOS Mojave (10.14.6).

You can find recording on this url: https://we.tl/t-pzJPPW8H0W

• Nejc Zdovc says:

December 10, 2019

Issue created https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/CPP-18403

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

December 10, 2019

Thanks, we’ll check

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

December 10, 2019

This seems to be a platform issue, already fixed, I will learn if we can port that to some 2019.3.x update.

3. Richard Szabo says:

December 10, 2019

This update makes remote development possible again. Thanks for the quick fix.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

December 10, 2019

Glad to know it helped! Sorry again for any inconveniences caused.

4. Steve says:

December 10, 2019

This change actually broke remote development for me. When I switch branches in git the changes don’t get synchronized on the remote machine and it tries compiling the old version of the files.

• Vasily Romanikhin says:

December 11, 2019

Could please check if `clion.remote.upload.external.changes` registry flag is enabled(`Help->Find Action->type “Registry”`).

• Steve says:

December 11, 2019

I checked, it’s enabled.

• Vasily Romanikhin says:

December 12, 2019

It sounds suspicious, let me check. BWT which OS and CLion build do you use?

• Steve says:

December 12, 2019

CLion is running on windows. The remote machine is running CentOS. CLion Build #CL-193.5233.144

• Vasily Romanikhin says:

December 26, 2019

Unfortunately we couldn’t reproduce the issue. If the problem is still actual could you please file a ticker with precise description and steps to reproduce. https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/CPP

5. Gary says:

December 12, 2019

I am using CLion 2019.3.1 on a Mac running Mojave. When I delete a file from my local file system (right click -> delete), I am no longer prompted to remove the file from the remote SVN repo. I checked my settings and it appears to me that I should still be prompted to remove the file from the remote SVN repo. The effect is that when I go to commit the delete change, I am no longer able to commit the delete change to the remote SVN repo.

6. Gary says:

December 14, 2019

On second thought, my problem is the regression that you asked me about and more. After I delete files, I don’t see the files to delete from the SVN repo in the Commit Changes dialog. This is the case if the change set is only deleted files and when there is a mixture of deleted files and modified files. This problem did not occur in any of the versions from 2018.1 through 2019.2.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

December 15, 2019

Please share your case in the comments to the ticket. The responsible developer will investigate and check

• Gary says:

December 16, 2019

I added my comments and screen shots of my issue to the ticket. Thanks.

• Anastasia Kazakova says: