CLion 2019.3.2 Bug-fix Update
A new bug-fix update for the recently released CLion 2019.3 is now available for download! You can get CLion 2019.3.2 (build 193.5662.56) from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package (for Ubuntu). A patch update will be available shortly.
In this update, Clangd-based code highlighting was improved:
finalkeywords are now correctly highlighted:
- In C11 code, when integers have suffixes with mixed lower/upper cases, the highlighting no longer fails:
stdnamespace usages from concepts library are now highlighted correctly.
Clangd-based code completion also got a few enhancements:
- When completing a function with the default arguments, the cursor is placed inside the parentheses, not behind the closing parenthesis.
- When generating function implementations via code completion, CLion now generates correct code in the proper context (CPP-18384).
Code coverage, which we introduced in v2019.3, has been updated to prevent situations when it runs out of memory on large test suites.
Thank you for your feedback on CLion’s WSL/WSL2 support! Taking it into account, we have made some updates to give you these improvements:
- Indexing performance is improved thanks to more accurate work with the WSL file system.
- An issue with detecting an openSUSE-Leap-15-1 distribution is fixed.
The following issues are also fixed:
- Commands are now formatted correctly in GDB when using Arabic, Hebrew, or Hindi locales making the debugger work correctly.
- External Tools for Custom Build Targets are now stored in project configs instead of system configs (where they cannot be shared in a VCS).
Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
CLion Nova – Final Update
CLion Nova is a free preview version of CLion equipped with the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine. We started it as a stand-alone preview in November 2023, and since then we’ve received tons of positive and inspiring feedback. Based on that feedback, we’ve added a setting to the recent CLion C…
CLion 2024.1 EAP 4: Switch to CLion Nova in CLion Classic
The CLion 2024.1 EAP 4 build (241.13688.39) is out! It is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you’re using Ubuntu. With this build, we’re making CLion Nova available to all CLion Classic users. Switch to it from inside the IDE via the settings menu and try it …
CLion 2024.1 EAP 3: Assembly View Enhancements
Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 3 build (241.12662.59) is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you’re using Ubuntu. Here are the main improvements: Assembly view improvements: The Assembly view for ARM targets is now shown correctly (CPP-36901). Assembly vi…
CLion 2024.1 EAP 2: Improved Terminal and Other UX Enhancements
Some time ago, we shared our plans and directions. Just a couple of weeks ago, we kicked off our CLion 2024.1 EAP with CMake coding assistance, code analysis in device tree files, and forked processes debugging. Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 2 build (241.11761.23) is available from our website, via…